1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Abandoned But Not Forgotten

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gifford1967, Dec 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Man... I went to "the castle" as we called it a bunch of times...

The last time I remember was about '88(?) when my grandma took me to ride in the bumper boats...

Sad that it is totally gone like that...

PS2, Xbox - no need to keep up an arcade driven place I guess?

2. Fatty FatBastard

Here's a "good call" for "Abandoned, but not forgotten.?" What do you do with the chicks car the next day? She just called me, and while I really like her in drunk mode, I'm not sure I like her, otherwise.

It's a stupid opinion. Lord knows I have to pick her up tomorrow and take her home. Still sucks for me, though.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Those pics of Malibu are eerie. I still think I have my old drivers license from the Malibu race track. Remember you had to pay like 5 bucks to get a license? I also remember I wasn't tall enough to drive the cars at one point, so I wore some platform shoes. Good times.

Once also I saw tv anchor Dave Ward sitting at a table waiting for his kids in the inside video game area.

I thought this place was still in operation. Weird.

In one of those pics there was dog. Wonder if it hangs out in the castle.

4. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

A site you may find interesting is www.ghosttowns.com

its crazy to see the remains of some of tehse towns and read about their history. alot of the cities were at once thriving but for whatever reason they became abandoned. i like looking at the new mexico cities, it seems alot of them were once old west settlements which died out due to indian raids or bc a railroad bypassed their town

5. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

It hasn't been abandoned too long considering that I went there in 2004 with a friend of mine who had just gotten out of the Air Force. We played a couple rounds of miniature golf while getting eaten alive by the mosquitoes.

It was so humid that night I'm not sure how we made it that long...

6. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Those pictures are of the Malibu next to Castle Golf & Games on 610, between I-10 and 290.

I remember seeing Jeff in a battle of the bands at that northwest side Malibu way back in high school. :eek:

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I went to The Castle as well during my youth... and when I had just gotten here from MEXICO. I recall being out there playing miniature golf and hearing the roar of the cars without congested traffic.

What about that cheap-ass place on 59 that used to be called "Celebration Station"?? I think it's now called "Zuma". I used to drive by there and think "that must be expensive!" 'cuz they had this beautiful waterfall that's not even working anymore. :(

Colt45, that website doens't have ASTROWORLD. What gives? :rolleyes: :mad:

#27 SwoLy-D, Dec 21, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  8. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

There was some other place that used to be on 610 in northwest Houston. Peppermint Park or something?

9. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

I used to skip school and go play street fighter there in the late 80's early 90's.

10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

11. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I think the site's been abandoned. The last update was a few years ago. Too bad, they'd be able to post a real nice entry on Astroworld.

Nobody remeber what "Games People Play" was before it was "Games People Play"?

The old "Solid Surf" skatepark!