1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac done for night....Still Feeling effects of Mavs fall....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mattj, Dec 19, 2007.

1. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Ya know what...I'm not going to call him out too bad tonight. It's obvious that he's hurt. But I think it's more mental with this guy than anything else. The witch doctor in Waco even saw the same problem and said he was his most difficult patient he's ever had because he was so negative about his injury.

I think he's hurt. Yes. And I don't necessarily think he "quit" this one either. I just think he lacks any sort of mental toughness to play through it.

I'm not even saying he's over-exaggerating his injury this time. But I will say that any player that mentally has the mindset to want to grind it out and refuse to be taken out of the game would be playing through it and not thinking about it, and playing more effectively than he did tonight.

2. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

Thank god u're not a GM.... :rolleyes:

3. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

He was HURTING the team by playing, and again, I believe he was PULLED and it was not like in Philly where he took himself our.

Damned if he tries to play through an injury, damned if he takes himself out...Rockets fans are the most over dramatic in the league.

4. michecon

michecon Member

We kinda of know, don't we :p

Francis pluses scrubs, which might mean scrubs plus scrubs right now. LOL

5. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

You must not have read my post. I'm not being over dramatic. Maybe you replied to the wrong one.

I'm sure it hurts. I'm sure he's injured. But I think it's a mental thing with him more than it is a problem with his knee.

6. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

trade him, I've had enough

7. Badrose

Badrose Member

Is Lady McGrady hurt? So in USA you have the most stupid doctors of the world. Here you don't play if you are hurt, and they tells you can't play before the game, not during or after it...

8. michecon

michecon Member

JVG on espn, a lot of guys have to feel great to play great, toughness I think...

LOL, how timely comment, that's your old coach for you.

9. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

No, you were the right quote. You said you think h lacks the mental toughness to play through it, bu he was playing through the injury in the first half and was hurting the team. The over-dramatic statement was to this site as a whole.

10. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Look, I know we've been going back and forth all day, but there's much more negativity about McGrady coming from others than there is from me. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about this one, so shut the f**k up.

11. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

And by the way, I do stand by my mental toughness opinion. He's had 3 days off to rest a minor injury. Tougher players would grit it out.

12. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

I really just wish T-Mac would just shut all of us up and play. Forget about injuries. When you're on the court, PLAY! Basketball is a game that requires you to beat your opponent in order to win. If T-Mac thinks he can shoot 1/10, say he's injured, and then expect his teammates to win the game for him, he shouldn't be getting payed 30% of the team's salary.

13. ekim

ekim Member

Tmac obviously felt comfortable enough to jack up 10 shots. :rolleyes:

He is obviously over exaggerating. That block in the first half proves it...

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

It is silly to say he is quitting on us ~ the point is he is hurt and unable to play again.

15. Fuse

Fuse Member

You're right. No one has pointed this out, but T-mac was able to play with a sprained ankle after the 76ers game but was unable to play when he tweaked it a little during the game. From little of what I know... it is much easier to play with your adrelanine on a slighty sprained ankle, than playing on it after it swells up. So the question then is, how bad was that ankle to begin with? :rolleyes:

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hey T-mac . .. take a break . . see ya next Year

Rocket River
    HEAL! so I don't have to hear another fricking excuse for 1-10

17. michecon

michecon Member

We don't know if he quits or not. Nor do we have an exact way to judge.
    However, this much we know, he was able to jack up 10 shots and made one athletic defensive play or two, then call it a night without anything further happen to his injuries.

18. tsunami

tsunami Member

I think we have already given him tons of breaks. How many breaks you wanna give him?

19. tsunami

tsunami Member

again? :rolleyes:

20. mxiong17

mxiong17 Member

Sore knee my ass...