1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 12/19/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2007.

1. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Can't create topics so i'll just post it here. We're having another game on national TV thanks to Boston.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

2. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

Should the Rockets trade for Ericka Dampier? If that happens, we have the best center in the NBA (Yao), and the 2nd best center in the WNBA (Ericka Dampier).

At least the 2nd best center in the NBA can pwn Dwight Howard. LOL!

Ericka Dampier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dwight howard

3. casey001

casey001 Member

If Brooks does start, I'm glad he'll be going head to head with Jameer Nelson. I don't think Jameer Nelson sucks by any means, but he certainly isn't a premier point guard [Nash, Kidd, Paul, Deron Williams, AI {not traditional "point", but that's who Brooks would have to match up with if we were playing Denver}] so that should help some.

I love his quickness... but if people aren't that quick around him or don't put forth the effort to get up the court with him looking for early buckets, then it really doesn't matter.

Off topic, but quick question - I know Bonzi has been our most 'reliable' 3rd option so far this year, but does anyone else get frustrated when he takes a jump shot or 3 pointer as opposed to taking it to the hole or taking his man down on the low block? I don't neceassarily think it's his fault that he ends up with the ball swung around in his hands at the end of the shot clock with no options but to shoot a jumper, but I would think Adelman would work his rotation [which is still in flux, granted] so that when Bonzi is in the game the emphasis of his offense is bullying his man down low.

Also... Yao hasn't just done decent against Howard in their match-ups in the past, he's dominated him. Hopefully tomorrow night won't be any different. I'm sure Yao will get posterized his obligatory 1-2 times tomorrow night, but I have a feeling he'll end up at the line a bunch and take this match-up personally, especially in the midst of all the Rockets struggles.

If we can beat Orlando we'll have knocked off every elite team except for Dallas and Boston [haven't played]... proving that the ceiling for this team's potential is just as high as it is low. [still think a personnel shake up should be made, though]

4. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Nice first post. Congrats!

5. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

The odds of us winning this game is very slim.

6. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Dude, you keep making the same stupid joke.

8. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

You must be mistaken. It's not a joke, it's true. Ericka Dampier kept Dwight Howard in check last night.

And it's true that Ericka Dampier, the 2nd best center in the WNBA, is Dwight Howard's kryptonite.

Ericka Dampier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dwight howard

9. vince123

vince123 Member

yeah we heard you watch the nba top ten from last night.you can see Dampier clearly keeping Howard in check

10. killa3312

killa3312 Member

I guess 8 points, none of which were on Howard, constitutes as scoring at will. Dampier didn't stop Howard, double teams and lack of touches did. Dwight absolutely killed Dampier in the first quarter, and then the Magic failed to get him the ball for the rest of the game.

11. tomclarence

tomclarence Member

hope Rockets will get one win over Magic...
    but i think the rumor can make some kind of effects...

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Friend of mine who supports Orlando rings me @ work this morning to remind me that its "ONLY ONE DAY AWAY"

I mean, seriously dude, what the....?

how cocky are they.

I say we smash tme back to Disneyfreakinworld.

Rocks 102 - Magic 89.

Yao 26 and 14. TMac 22, 6 and 5. And Bonzi to play well.

13. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Let's see if we can live up to our "10th place in the West" billing and at least keep this game close. I still think we lose badly (by 10-15) since we don't rotate and close out and they have pretty good outside (read 3 point) shooting with Turk and Lewis. Also, Yao vs. Howard should prove interesting, but Yao has a lot of trouble against athletic players.

PS How many of you thought we'd be 10th in the West this far in the season??

14. casey001

casey001 Member

real_egal: thanks

northeastfan:

I definitely didn't. I was so excited about this team coming into this year. Disappointed and anticlimatic aren't good enough words to describe what's happened since. I still have faith... I just didn't think it was going to be this up and down.

With our talent, we shouldn't be any worse than we were last year. How often does it happen that ALMOST EVERYONE on a team besides the 2 superstars has a career worst shooting % [or something crazy like that]

15. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I attribute the career lows in shooting to two things. Many of our players are older and on the slide in the careers. Also, our offense is out of sync. Whether it is the system or not following the system, I don't know. All I know is JVG had a more efficient offensive system (yes, JVG of all people!!).

16. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Rockets win 91-85!!!

17. eaglewu2

eaglewu2 Member

rockets 88: Magic 105.

Yao fouled out.
    Howard: big double double(20+, 20+).

18. dunkinlos

dunkinlos Contributing Member

Look at the San Diego Chargers... everyone wanted Norv Turner's head after the first few games of the season and they just wrapped up winning their division last week.

We still have time to turn this thing around...

19. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Hope to see a team effort tonight.
    Hope to see a monster game from Yao.
    Hope to see to see some heart from Tracy.
    Hope to see Brooks play big.
    Hope Stevie sees so playtime.
    Hopes Scola stays out of foul trouble.
    Hope Hayes can make a layup.
    Hope Battier, James make their shots.
    Hope to see a win and stay above .500.
    Go Rockets!! It's Time!!

20. adamlam

adamlam Member

Hope that Yao can dominate Howard tmr. :)