1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Al Jefferson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kwame, Dec 17, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This guy gets no attention at all, but his numbers are pretty amazing. He put up 22 and 20 tonight. He's averaging over 20 and 11 for the season. Came straight outta high school and he's gonna be good for a very long time.

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

He was good while with the Celtics, too. Too bad he keeps getting crap around him. He signed a contract extension too early though. He could have probably gotten a max deal in free agency.

3. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

Everything you wanted to be "Kwame?" :D

4. matty101

matty101 Member

Ye and people forget he is doing it with NO ONE around him which means he is probably constantly facing double and triple teams down low. The guy can flat out score.

Wait until Minny build a team similar to what Orlando built around Dwight, with shooters everywhere, and he will average 25-12-4-2 blocks.

Thats if McHale is smart enough to do so :rolleyes:

5. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

AJ is impressive, but i think you are getting ahead of yourself to suggest that a contender ala orlando could be constructed with jefferson as the center piece. he is growing, developing and a valuable commodity for his size, tenacity, and ballhandling prowess, but he is NOT anywhere close to DH, and most likely will not be.

Not to say they couldn't use him as a menacing cog in their machine. He has impressed me, for sure. It also, is a bit of a stretch to say he has NO HELP.
    -gerald green
    -mccants
    -telfair

all players with alot to prove. they haven't been helping AJ so far, so of course his numbers are underappreciated, but they have a nucleus i could see developing into a memphis style running offense team.

i root for the twolves to make it back to relevance. not anytime soon though.

6. foodworld

foodworld Member

Jefferson is not nearly as physically-impressive as Dwight but he has a much more varied offensive game.

Without Foye, I think that the second-best player on that Wolves team is Ryan Gomes. That's why they're so brutal.

7. foodworld

foodworld Member

McCants is padding his stats at everyone else's expense, btw, and Green -- exposed as a no-talent chucker who can't do anything by jump -- has seen NO burn at all. Jaric is the worst starter in the NBA. If those guys are help, then I'm sober right now.

8. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

Al Jefferson? Ah yes, Al Jefferson! The guy that Yi JianLian just tea-bagged and posterized with a phat facial IN YO FACE dunk! :D

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This is really AJ's breakout year. I believe he averaged 16 and 11 last year. I would also agree that he's not as physically strong as Howard, but has a much more polished offensive game.

If this is help, then I don't wanna see what not having help looks like. Green us playing at all by the way. I've never understood why people are so high on him. I know he's from Houston and he's real young, but he has a low bball IQ and has athletic ability - that's it.

10. ricky812

ricky812 Member

Please log out of this site and your life. If you want to post 10 year old garbage in every thread, the espn forums are there for you.

11. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

It's true. Yi posterized Al Jefferson with a fat facial dunk. Why are you so angry that Yi JianLian tea-bagged Al Jefferson? I don't get it.

12. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Probably because:

A) Jefferson is better than Yi, past, present, and future
    B) One play has nothing to do with how good he is
    C) Yi has absolutely nothing to do with this thread

and lastly:

D) People are tired of the constant jocking of Chinese players on this site

13. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

A) Al Jefferson got tea-bagged, get over it. And Yi is better and has way more potentials than Al Jefferson.

B) There's more tea-bagging posterizing to come =)

C) Yes he does actually cause he just tea-bagged Al Jefferson and posterized him.

D) Get over it.

14. foodworld

foodworld Member

I have some pretty good potentials too.

15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Do you touch yourself at night thinking of Yi?

16. LFE171

LFE171 Member

It's sad I've never really had a chance to see his game but I'm starting to believe he's going to be an elite big man within the next 2-3 years. He's definitely going to be the cornerstone of minny's franchise.

Hows their cap situation looking? maybe they can swing a few deals to bring some veteran leadership come free agency time. doubt anyone will wanna go though, unless they get some serious $$$.

foye, mccants and AJ can be a real force once all are healthy and playing together.

and they seriously needa get antoine walker's ****** outta there. he blows and i could see him hurting the younger guys development.

17. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

Dude! We don't need to know what you do at night when you can't get a girl! :D :D

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

/\
    /\

:rolleyes:

that membership can't get revoked fast enough

19. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

EXTREMELY TIIIIRED

20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

WOW! Good job. You finally posted something without the words "tea-bagged." :rolleyes: