1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terence Morris=BUST

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElGrandeQueso, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

This is not how Terence Morris plays basketball. Morris is freakin 6'9 and rudy is trying to make him into a GleN rice shooter. He wont ever become a shooter from the 3. Morris bangs inside and gets rebounds, helps around the basket. He has good defense on top of that. Rudy T just has no ****en brain.

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Give him a chance. Yesterday was his first real playing time. He has the game, he needs the minutes.

3. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

I am not too sure about his future as a shooting forward...but he is athletic, does have some decent defense and can rebound. he seems to me to be an active bench guy who will occassionally contribute.

but, after he went 1/5 he should have been collared. he took a lot of ill advised shots--although in Rudy's system if no one covers you, take the three rather than the two : ). TMO:

Feel free to move 5-8 feet inside the 3pt line when no one is covering you and knock down a 15 footer! go for the higher percentages!

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Jesus people! Where are all the people who said all Langhi needs is time to get used to the NBA game. Everybody gave him years to prove himself and he still sucks it up yet there are still people here that say he is going to be a good NBA player. Tmo has been in the NBA for 2 months and people are ready to give up on him already. I'm not saying that Morris is definately going to be a quality player in this league, but he brings some good things to the table as far as defense and rebounding. I also think he moves well without the ball.

Just give him the same time as a lot of you gave Langhi and after 2 years and i think he will be a Robert Horry caliber player.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Terrence Morris was so bad last night that Shawn Marion was a non factor when Morris was in the game. Morris also had 7 rebounds, one steal and one assist in 31 minutes. TMo did not shoot the ball very good and that is his only crime last night. TMo is not a bust by a long shot.

6. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

TMO isn't a bust. He was too low of a pick to be considered a bust. Collier and Cato are the only 2 busts on our team.

7. alaskansnowman

It's hard to get used to the NBA game when you don't get any PT. Working hard during practice can only do so much.

8. Hydra

Hydra Member

It sounds like a lot of y'all are saying that T-Mo is an inside player. The problem is that the Rockets (and most other teams) play their small forwards on the perimeter. Unless T-Mo can overtake Mo-T, Griffin, and Thomas for the PF spot, he probably won't be sticking around for long. Rudy's offensive plan is simple. Draw a double team, kick it out to the open man, hit the J. If you cannot draw a double team, and you cannot hit the J, you need to find a different team. So far T-Mo has not shown the ability to do either.

9. Houston-in-LA

Houston-in-LA Member

LOL :D :D :D :D :D

But people, please give this guy a little more time to develop. He's shown flashes of being a quality NBA player and we need the "role" players as well as the "stars" to win an NBA Championship. (I.E. Matt Bullard, Mario Elie, & Robert Horry)

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Dude, that was cold!!!

11. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Per 48 minutes, Tmo is the 3rd best rebounder on the team after Cato and Willis. He is also the 4th best assist man behind only the point guards.

12. Band Geek Mobster

Plus he's dead last in FG%...

13. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I'd like to see him post up a couple of times tonight. Just so if he really is a good post up player, Rudy will realize that and put him in the low post a lot instead of ont he perimeter. He's horrible on the perimeter.

14. haven

haven Member

Same points in this debate as always:

1. Morris sucked his senior year of college. What made anyone think he'd be a good pro?

2. He can't shoot, and he's a SF.

15. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

please dont compare bullard and langhi in anyway.. air bull could take him anyday

16. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

Yeah, that's true. Langhi would be no match for a star caliber player like Air Bull. A good match for Langhi would be someone who sucks almost as much as him, can you say Terence Morris?

17. Hydra

Hydra Member

Per 48 min. stats are the most meaningless stats in the NBA. They make players who don't get any PT look like superstars.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Hydra, I agree. since when have players played 48min.

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

He's not a inside player, he's just a slasher/ baseline type player. The knid Rudy can't seem to coach. I don't like him straddling the 3pt line. Really, i don't like any player just standing out there all the time. They could let him work the baseline, get a couple of post ups , put back and stuff like that. You never see Marion shooting 3's but he's a pretty good player. No where does it says you're 3 have to shoot 3's, look at Grant Hill. He sux right now, but I think he'll come around and be a Derrick McKey type player. I don't know if thats good or bad though.