1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Nov 28, 2007.

1. A00man

A00man Member

Yea that's a good bet. Keep calling Targets. They sell them Sunday mornings as well.

I got mine in March, and I still had to go to Target by 7:30 a.m. in the morning (they open at 8), and there were still about 15 people in front of me. In freakin March! Crazy man. Good luck finding one though.

Oh, and get Mario Galaxy if you manage to snag up a Wii. I can't say enough good things about the game. Best damn game I've played this decade (along with Metroid Prime). It's that good!

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I found one for my kids here in the valley at noon at a Wal Mart Monday afternoon. I got it for 249.00.

If you'd like, I can check the stores down here for you. I'll send it to you for actual shipping if I find one....let me know.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I've got access to Best Buy Employee auctions and there some on there in good condition that you can buy for around $320, one is in new condition for about $350.

I have a few invites I can give out.

Portable DVD players 50 bucks, DVD Recorders about the same, PS3s, 360s, etc.

4. Falcons Talon

Damn...how do we get an invite?

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You have to be on my good side :cool:

Its a small site, and mostly everything they sell has been previously used... but is still in good condition. You can get a decent laptop for around $350... or a damn nice Desktop w/o monitor (2.3 Ghz, 2 GM Ram, 400 GB HD) for around the same.

Sometimes you can get a good deal on new stuff. For instance I bought a brand new Sprint Fusic phone about 80 bucks plus tax and shipping. I think they are still going for 200 new.

6. Falcons Talon

Hmmm...I don't think I've ever gotten into an argument with you, but don't send me that invite because I'm rebuilding my Christmas fund right now...I cleaned it out on the kids last weekend...

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Bought one this morning.

Here's a little secret. Most Best Buys only get shipments of 25 or so. If you're not there by 6-7 in the morning before a 10 a.m. open, you're not gonna get one.

But there are 2 "flagship" stores in the area that get around 60 with each shipment. One is in the Woodlands. The other is at Hwy 6 @ Westheimer. I went to the Hwy. 6 store at 8:45. I was number 56 out of 64 and got the Wii.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Nice work bro...will need to keep that in mind when I plan on getting mine.

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

now sell it online and go back next week and score one for the gift ;)

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Hell, I got one this morning at ToysRus in Lewisville, Tx (North of Dallas)...I heard friday from the "guy" that they'll be getting some in but get here early on Sunday...Well, I was too lazy to get up real early, so I woke up at 6:10 and got there about 6:40 a.m.

To my surprise there were only 4 people in line, so great, I'm 5th, life is good...Well, this guy says he got there at 4:30 and at 6:30 they passed out 20 slips saying that was it...Half the left but I stayed...The guy first in line heard there were 30...So I waited as I only had another 50 minutes to go...7:55 came and they handed out 10 more slips...Wii in hand...whew...

I asked the mgr and he said that they sell them every Sunday no matter if they get shipments during the week...Total BS...I tend to think a lot of stores are stockpiling...I think the Plano Store is flagship store as the lady said the 10 "extra" came from there...

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

No kidding. There is a Wii console with no extras on ebay right now that has a current bid of $450.00. :eek:

12. HTOWNTIGER1

HTOWNTIGER1 Member

I bought a Wii @ Wal-Mart in Katy (by Katy Mills Mall) today, i'm now sure how many they have left.

13. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i was thinking of getting this for my older boys, 6 and 4, aren't they a little young? but they are dying for the pokemon game. yikes, it sounds like a hassle obtaining them, hmmmm mario galaxy??> if it were just about me i'd prolly go with the PS3 for the bluray and the graphics, DAMN:confused:

14. HTOWNTIGER1

HTOWNTIGER1 Member

I bought the Wii for my 6yr old, I have an xbox 360 for me. I was really looking for a Wii I just happen to see 1 left so i figured what the hell.

15. HTOWNTIGER1

HTOWNTIGER1 Member

I bought the Wii for my 6yr old, I have an xbox 360 for me. I wasn't really looking for a Wii I just happen to see 1 left so i figured what the hell.