1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. D.J. Augustin

D.J. Augustin Member

:( I thought this thread was going to be about Michael Jordan. What a great disappointment...

2. AXG

AXG Member

I totally agree with Dreamshake. The Rockets have mostly been playing 2-on-5 on offense every game. There's also no movement by the other players on the team. It seems like they know they suck and just want to get out the way of Yao and TMac and let those two do everything. The bench has also been very disappointing. Just when we all thought they have depth, they turn out looking almost like last year's roster. I think the biggest problem lies with the guards. All of the rotational guards are old, slow, undersized, and cannot shoot but worst of all- the Rockets have too many of them. The Rockets desperately needed some athleticism and youth over the offseason and didn't address that problem. SF3 was supposed to help the team, but he has hardly played at all, yet Rafer starts and can't do anything right. I'd like to see Brooks get a chance but he's not given the opportunity. I think Brooks is just as good if not better than Daniel Gibson, and Gibson was given decent minutes as a rookie last year and played well. The Rockets aren't going anywhere this year unless there's a change in the roster and the way they're being coached.

3. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

At this point though Clutch, we need more athletes who can get to the bucket. Enough of the jumpshooting inconsistencies.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They still scored 99, and allowed 107.

That's unacceptable defense.

5. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Again bro, this ain't a Francis thread. Its a Hayes/Alston/Battier thread. I can't help it Francis = 1/3 of fixing this issue. In the past how many Francis threads have I started? I had the "Man UP" thread, which was about Francis along with a few other things, but Im unaware of the plethora of Francis threads.

Would that be this year?

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Is there any other team in the NBA which has a worse 3rd, 4th and 5th starter than the Rockets? I'm pretty hard pressed to find one.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

oh yeah - you really showed knote...

How dumb is he?? Francis couldn't even get us past the first round! Good thing the TMax/Yao duo has us soaring so much higher now

Thank goodness.

-------------------

Dave, on your unbeatable logic, the Celtics don't really need Allen, Peirce or Garnett - since their teams sucked, it clearly shows those 3 guys are all being carried along by the 'true winner' in green (maybe that's Perkins? Rondo?)

you can hate Francis, but the guy showed us over a number of years that he can close a game out, and that he's a winner (even with Cato as his starting center he won 45 games. Think carefully - Rockets 2000-2003 with Francis fit: with Francis injured - same team, 20 wins difference.)

If only the guy had ever learned not to dribble the ball off his foot he coulda been a sensation...

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Seattle.

In fact it's pretty debatable as to who their second best starter is... I'd guess Wilcox?

Collison, West, Wilkins --> ouch!

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

My bad -- a "We have three terrible starters so it's time to start Francis (and Scola!) now" thread. There haven't been any of those... those are unique.

Silly question. Considering Francis is hitting 31% of his shots outside of layups and 20% of his threes, yeah, but then Francis has only played a few games.

Damn, this 'Francis thread' thing really touched a nerve.

10. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Your the one who got all fired up over Mike James. Once again, you Francis haters turn anything into a Francis Fest, this thread is not about Francis. Its about making things better. That means not having three starters score 23 points over 2 games. Or shoot in the low 30's. You factor in Heads terrible play and James me first pound the ball into oblivion, haven't met a shot he couldn't take attitude and this team is in trouble.

And yes sir, it is time to start Francis over Rafer. Sorry Mike James has done squat to prove he's actually earned the spot.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

LOL... I'm a Francis hater now? Another classic from a classic clown.