1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man Up, Rick.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dreamshake, Nov 13, 2007.

1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

There isn't an agenda. Francis isnt in the game because Rafer gives the team a better chance to win at this time. Period. And I am really interested to see what you will do as you refuse to allow the grouch to get in the way of the Rockets ability to win play-off games.

2. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Yes Rick, Man up! What gives? Same starting five, same record as last year? Inflexible about your rotation? Yes Rafer is still tossing up floaters, airballs and bricks, same as last year. Not that I don't like Rafer, but Rafer in the 4th qrt is like playing Russian roulette. Why are the starters all ways digging holes for the bench to fill? Now the same line, " he came into camp out of shape" as last year. He don't look out of shape when Steve jumps 5ft in the air or running down the court. Rockets fans, remember after last years disappointment Jazz/Rockets series T-mac said something like the team needed improvement at the PF and PG spots, because Yao and Mac where the only ones that could score? Well apparently Rick might have not been coaching last year, but he must not have caught to many Rockets games. Please Rick show us something! Make some sort of adjustment! Don't just expect that T-mac coming back is going to solve all the problems, while you leave either Chuck or Rafer in the line. The fact is that "IF" Rafer and Chuck shoot better, their career stats are just not that good and Rafer might one day break 250. shooting. Wow! can't wait for that! Man Up Rick! What gives?

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Adelman is just not the right coach for this team.

This is the deepest Rockets squad ever assembeled and he's stubbornly clinging to a nine-man rotation and praying that McGrady and Yao can carry us every night.

4. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

LOL who is the right coach then? You?

5. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

:rolleyes:

We need a guy like Rudy T who will actually experiment with different lineups and see what will work.

6. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

I tell you what I would do.

Since you ask and all...lol.

Give the starters role to Steve. Let Scola get the lions share of the minutes at PF. Start to run some plays for Scola. Nothing much, just let him get incorporated into the team. Relegate Rafer to third string. Let Mike James be the scorer off the Bench with Bonzi wells. Let Chuck be the energy guy off the bench, if you need more D, then slide him ahead of Scola for a given night. Let Head be an as needed three point threat...NOTHING more. UNDERSTAND that the team has three starters averaging around 18 ppg. And your main reserve Bonzi is crapping out at about what...4-6 ppg over the last few weeks? They are ALL shooting terribly, and making terrible decisions...especially Rafer and Head and James. What does it take to sit them and try Francis? At least TRY it. Let him run with Tmac, Yao, and Scola. At least tinker with it for 10-15 mins in one game and see what it gets you.

Look over the last several games the Rox have lost twice to Dallas, With Tmac. Lost to Memphis, with Tmac. Should of lost to the Cats, with Tmac. Lost to the Lakers with Tmac out half the game. Its NOT going to get any prettier.

This team is 6-6 and 1-6 in DIVISION PLAY. Good grief. How much longer do you sit on it? How much longer can you say...Hey two weeks ago we WERE 6-1. Its NOT working.

This team is actually a worse version of last years team. So you add bench, scoring, rebounding (bonzi), lane penetration (francis) and we are a worse team than last year? Wow...just WOW.

Rick you suck balls!

7. dunk11

dunk11 Member

I love you, dude!!

8. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

Sigh... why this stubborn Coach A does not see things the way you and I can see. :mad:

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Agreed (though I'm not an Adelman basher, yet)

Avery put Jason Terry to the bench to do what it takes for W's
    Poppovich to Manu - Done well as a starter, but off the bench you're better suited for us now

Thats not really experimenting but thats where it starts - the coach having the fortitude to tell vets their role isnt set. If All Star Manu and almost All Star Jason Terry can get shuffled in and out the starting lineup, then what the HELL makes it where Rafer or Chuck needs his "spot in the rotation" protected?

10. bonojzk2005

bonojzk2005 Member

hear of one word "fit"?
    Adelman's system does not fit Rockets! Rockets are not a run and gun team period! He needs to make adjustments, otherwise, rockets are .500 team

Last year, rockets' strength was clearly defense! this year, defense is not a focus, but how can you become a run and gun team without the pieces that Suns or old Kings had.

forget about Adelman, I turely miss JVG, he is a good man and he is winning..

11. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

I like your plan Dreamshake.

Here is my two cents.

Players being underutilized -
    Luis Scola
    Steve Francis
    Mike James
    Bonzi Wells

Players being overutilized:
    Chuck Hayes (painful to watch him even attempt a layup)
    Rafer (painful to see him on the court)

12. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Bonzi was given enough chance, he just played really poorly in recent games.

But something definitely need to be changed. Maybe getting Steve involved more? How bad can it be really? Lose one more game?

13. poprocks

poprocks Member

We aren't gonna make the playoffs. Only way to make the playoffs is if Adleman plays Francis at the 1 and the team goes back to the basics. Box out, hard nosed defense and rebound rebound rebound.

14. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

RA better than JVG? not so sure now

15. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

That'll do Rick.....that'll do.

16. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Drexler, a former player under Adelman, said something interesting last night during the Denver game. Now I'm not sure if this was a knock on his former coach but throughout the whole game, you could tell Drexler wanted Francis out on the floor like the rest of us fans.

I think it was during the 3Q that he told Worrell that "Adelman is a very loyal coach to his players, almost to a fault."

Perhaps it's as simple as loyalty. Francis must've really screwed up in the preseason. On the other hand, Rafer passed the audition with flying colors and dazzled the coach with his ball-handling and distribution skills. So much so that he is still playing after a 6-game losing streak that is very much his fault as is James'.

17. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Thanks Rick for the rotation changes! It's Time!! Your now out of my doghouse! Go Rockets!! ;)