1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beowulf

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Desert_Rocket, Nov 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I'm seriously thinking about seeing Bey-wolf on imax. How long is it supposed to last on imax?

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Not sure how long it's supposed to be in IMAX, but I assume only until I Am Legend opens up. It's also in IMAX and obviously those 60 foot (or whatever) screens aren't that plentiful.

It's definitely worth it so just go see it this weekend. Get there with some time to spare though, or else you'll be sitting too close.

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Yeah I really wanna go. Maybe this weekend before it's too late! I really felt cheated from watching Harry Potter on IMAX.. so I wanna erase that experience with this one.

Plus Angelina is nekkid. Who'd wanna miss that? Especially on 3D!! :eek: :eek:
    *blushes*

4. kikimama

kikimama Member

beowulf @ imax @ edwards was 2 hrs long but I'm not sure since power went off at the end i think ( got free tickets tho ). this isn't like just on a big screen, they give u 3d glasses and stuff jumps out at you. it was well worth the 13 bucks.

5. kryten128

kryten128 Member

How did such a hot mom give birth to such an ugly SOB as you?

6. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

I saw it on Wednesday (non-3D) and I really didn't like it. I could not get over how "computer gamey" it looked. I didn't think the characters moved well and the dialog sounded more like a play then a movie. I do think it would be interesting to see in 3D and even in 2D you could tell that it was designed to be a 3D movie. So as a 3D experience I can see how it would be interesting but as a movie it sucked.

I was also disappointed to see that Neil Gaiman co-wrote the screen play. I really like much of what he's written (Stardust, American Gods, Neverwhere, Fragile Things). This didn't work for me at all.

7. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

this movie should only be seen in Imax 3D. the story and quality of the movie is completely secondary.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I saw the normal screen and I thought it was alright. I can't imagine how the final scene would look like in 3d.

9. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Is there a way to buy dvd's of movies that came out on IMAX that are 3D? I would love to own this movie 3D on dvd.

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

That was by far the best 3D experience I've ever had at the movies. Infinitely better than the disaster that was Superman.

The camera angles were too awesome.

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Wow, you missed out. I'm sorry you spent like 9 bucks to see crap when you could have spent 13 and gotten your ass rocked.

:D

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What about GayWolf or Ay Bay Baywolf?

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The commercials made it seem lame, and I was weary of seeing it because of the polar bear express effect.

Well the movie far surpassed my expectations. The 3-D stuff was terrific to watch, and the movie had some great visceral violence in it that made it a lot of fun. It was definitely worth it, and surpassed the low expectations I had going in.

14. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

LOLOLOL very nice!

15. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The movie was good, but the previews were some of the best I've seen in a long time...

Wanted
    Jumper
    Sweeney Todd
    Cloverfield