1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Accidental Rudeness] Mormons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Apollo Creed, Nov 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I think that the prep time depends on the mission and, in large part, to the language that you will be speaking there.

I served an LDS mission to Bucharest, Romania from 2001-2003 and I was at the Missionary Training Center for 8 or 9 weeks, if memory serves me correctly.

Oh, and by the way, count me among those that will NEVER vote for Mitt Romney. :)

2. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

Buzz! Wrong! Their nice while you are a potential convert or a threat to their precious PR image (obviously depends on the mormon). It's all about PR with the mormons. They are trying so hard to shake the polygamy, cultish image they carried for so long.

3. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

Never, never, never apologize to a Mormon missionary after the fact. They were probably laughing at you when they left. They expect rudeness and rejection. It comes with the territory. If you send them a letter, they will assume you are interested. So, unless you are actually interested, don't.

/was a mormon missionary
    //chinese people are way nicer than Americans.

4. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

Coke with caffeine isn't sold there, either. But they will sell you a 1500 cal. double cheeseburger with "fry sauce".
    /also regrettably went to BYU.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Really? Because that's a big selling point for me.

Missionary: Hi, we're Mormons, and...
    Me: Sorry to interrupt, but do you mean the people who believe in multiple wives? I've been waiting for you guys to show up! (to wife #1) Honey, pack up, we're headed to nirvana!
    Missionary: No, no, no- we don't do that, it's just bad PR.
    Me: Aw, nuts. -slams door-

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't feel too bad about slamming the door in their face. I had some come to the door one time, and started in on their pitch. I told them I wasn't interested and thank you. They kept going. I have this thing with door-to-door people or anyone that calls me soliciting for anything. I give you one polite response in the negative letting you know to leave me alone. If you ignore that, for any reason, you become my b****. The guy just kept on rambling on.

My roomate, who was in the apartment behind me yelled out, "Hey dude! You have to come **** this dog in the ass!" There was pretty much no way they didn't hear him yell it. So I looked at them and calmy told them, "Sorry. I have to go **** this dog in the ass." and I shut the door.

I like to think that maybe I was one of the highlights of their day.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Were you high at this time by any chance? It seems like something out of the movie Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thats amazing.

We need to hang out.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Haha funny stuff happens when you are high as the sky.

I guess you didn't get the context clues about him doing stuff that makes you paranoid.