1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao wants to fight back on the bad calls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by longxi, Nov 18, 2007.

1. rocketsinsider

no fronting is the problem, Yao is unstoppable once he gets the ball, especially down low, look at the spurs game, while Farbracio Oberto was in the game he was fronting yao the entire time, with Duncan or Bowen coming from the weak side so yao can't get the ball, thats how scola got the majority of his points during the Spurs game, off open jumpers because Duncan was leaving him to sandwich yao.

Yao gets more than his fair shares of bad calls yes, but he still have managed to average 25 points a game, and goto the line 8+ times a game, these past 2 games where he has not gone to the line is because he simply couldn't get the ball.
    Now after TMAC gets back it will be alot better because TMAC will penetrate and make plays so that it will be easier on Yao but this is a problem that will keep on coming back and haunt Yao.

2. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

I've been critical of Yao's play in the last few games, but what he's saying is absolutely true...Hayes should never share the floor with Yao when McGrady is not playing. Hayes get a couple easy baskets a game because his man ignores him to cover Yao. And McGrady gets a couple easy assists. It's not fair to Yao to be used as a constant decoy and to ask him to suppress his game while others on the team don't.

And before you say it should all be about winning and no egos...this is the NBA and Yao ain't no saint...he's a human being with pride. How many dominant low post players in their prime would be willing to do sit their and be a decoy for their teammates...not many I'm guessing. Yao speaking up and taking action is a good thing. In fact, Hayes should be relegated to the bench and Scola should replace him asap...for the good of the team.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yao is human just like you and me. He is treated unfairly. To me he has been too nice already.

I am not sure you watched the game at this point. We've all been saying he's got HAMMERED while being fronted. Do you get it? While he is not fronted, they push him with two arms and hey would use 3 arms if they had 3. On the other end he is called on every tic-tac fouls.

Yao's been working on beating fronting, I really hate you discredit him of not working hard on it. There is just so much Yao can do. In this league, once opponents figure out things they can get away with, they will do it all the time. Dont you see a pattern in recent games?

4. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well, Yao Ming is not dissing Chuck Hayes. All he did say was Chuck did not have mid-range jumpers, and no one can dish him penetrating passes like TMAC that he can score with his layups down at the basket.

He's but telling a FACT that hopefully can motivate/trigger Chuck to work on his jumpers, and cease to be a liability in offense.

And we all knew in the past Big Yao praised Chuck for his rebounding and defense, and all the gritty little blue collar dirty work Chuck did for the team.

5. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Yao: "My boy Stern said go ahead and switch the style up and if they foul let 'em foul but watch the calls pile up"

That is the dream we are all aiming for...

and P.S. Pruyen,

do you really want to see that Hayes' hitch from 17 ft. away?

:D :D

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Pryuen, I know. I can read. I said Yao's "opinion" is legit.

But some poster likes behind locker room approach better. Well, he has a point. I was just countering that. ;)

I dont ever see Hayes will develop that mid range jump shot consistently. Hayes will do what he does best, defending, taking charges, hustle, boards, and live off Yao or Tmac getting easy layup. And I love him.

Sun's hard quick double teaming presents a problem especially while Tmac is out and Hayes is the man they sag off. I dont see they dare to do the same if Tmac and Scola are on at the same time with Yao.

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

No, fronting is NOT the problem. Uncalled fouls are the problem.

You're right that Yao is unstoppable when he gets the ball, except when he's not. That's when he gets the ball, gets fouled by three guys, misses, gets a no call and huffs back to the other end where he often gets a foul for something a lot more benign than what he suffered on the other end.

Of course it's a problem when he gets fouled by someone fronting him too, but he gets fouled ALWAYS. If he didn't, he'd be at least as dominant as Shaq.

The problem in the games isn't fronting; it's no calls, fronting or after he gets the ball. The problem in this thread is people like you blaming him for not fixing a thing he has no power to fix.

8. Astockmarketgod

YAO

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND YOUR COUNTRY....

PLEASE HURT SOMEONE....

STOP BEING A BIG STIFF...

AND PLAY THE GAME... IF YOU WANT TO PLAY NICE... THEN DONT PLAY IN THE NBA!!!!!!!!

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It is about time Yao voice an opinion on the unfair reffing. I for one am glad he is doing it more. As for these people he calling Yao a whiner, you gotta be trolls. It get so old watching all these supposed Rockets fans trashing Yao. The guy probably has more integrity than any Rockets player ever. Add that with the fact he wants to win so badly. Anyone who can't appreciate him and all he does to help the team and put them first is a moron.

#89 Old Man Rock, Nov 19, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  10. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

If your user name didn't prove it, this does for sure.

You suck.

11. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

Apparently Yao was pissed off. I've never seen he explicitly expressed his anger in this way.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Weird sentence. At first glance, it looked like some messed up google translator phrase. But then it's obvious that isn't the case. Are you a Chinese student?

Btw, the google translation is actually pretty good, although "not the only one" is hard to translate.

I thought there was some sort of ban by Clutch on using Chinese here. Or can people actually use Chinese. Seems to me that would really mess up the continuity of the threads.

13. deanweel

deanweel New Member

Yao need to speak up
    and so happy to see SF3 back to the game

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

You cannot bet something you cannot do. Even if you know you will win the bet, it becomes invalid because you had no intention of paying if you lost. Are you experienced at sucking balls southpark style? And would you really suck his balls Southpark style.

Also I never even saw anyone on Southpark suck balls. I did see Kenny get killed by some giant balls once but he never came close to sucking them. Also Eric Cartman told Mr. Garrison, and others to suck his balls. and the Chef sings a song about "suck on my chocolate balls" but that's actually a food he is referring to.

I also remember an episode where Mr. Garrison realizes that getting fired because he is gay could allow him to sue the school for millions, and decides, along with his S&M partner, Mr. Slave to do outrageous acts in the classroom, culminating with performing gerbilling. That is bizarre but not sucking balls.

So your bet is totally bogus because there is no Southpark Style of sucking balls. cause not even the gay teacher has sucked balls on Southpark.

15. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

On the new season in Imaginationland 3 there is some ball sucking. It is just imagined ball sucking because Cartman can never get Kyle to do it even though there is a signed contract, but nevertheless, it is ball sucking.

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I do think the refs sometimes are blinded because a lot of times players when they try to block Yao, they ended up hitting his hands since they're all too short compare to Yao and so because they swat it so quick...it's humanly impossible to see and make the right call...but i think the refs are ignorant and clueless when officiating Yao.

17. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Rocketinsider's logic

i am chinese hence what i say about Yao is legit

yeah you and +1.3billion other people

and yea your chinese is pretty aweful if you ask me, it really put doubts in my head

and no i dont want to have a bet with you...putting a monkier or getting sucked by you...its a lose lose situation for me - hence its not a bet

doublehh
    i give up....you pay out yao as much as possible which is quite amusing to those who are use to it...when yao finally does something great you will say a oneliner "great job yao" or something along those lines

if you want to be fair then write as much praise when he does well as the criticms u dish at him when he does poorly ---- otherwise you are a hater

Yao said Hayes has no mid range shot, the guards dont know how to pass it to him

when in the world did that turn into Yao blaming others for the loss?

thats seriously the funniest thing I have read all day and i did read that story about some guy dieing while playing russian roulette with an automatic pistol

Hayes will tell you that he has no jump shot, screw that anyone can tell you

We as fans say the EXACT same thing after every loss and we think we are entitled to say it...while Yao..who is the face of the franchise cant?

funny logic if you ask me

18. colddog

colddog Member

In a word,I support Yao.

19. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I miss T-Mac...oh wait, wrong thread!

20. fftcj

fftcj New Member

Yao complained that in the phoenix suns game,at the 1st quarter,When facing Yao's denfense,Nash dribbled the ball and stumbled himself with his left leg strking right leg .Perhaps on purpose,at that time,Nash charged at Yao's body and fell on the floor.Then the refs called a foul on him.Yao also said at the final time in the game with SA,he got the rebound and just want to shoot,TD push him from behind,so him fell over and the ref called Yao kicking the ball.Yao complained to the ref that TD pushed him,but the ref said TD did not do that accidently.In the last four games,totally 12 refs had made similar horrible calls on Yao.What happened?What do they want to do.If this continues,Yao on no occasion can play a excellent game even after TMc returns.