1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jones going to Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Gascon, Jul 18, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Gascon

Gascon Member

So Eddie Jones looks like he might be going to Miami. Does this put them over the hump in the East?......or are they still a play-off choker?

------------------
    "I'll take a Dream Shake for two, please."

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

It certainly solidifies the line up and gives them depth at the 2....with Majerle recently signing a small extension to back up Jones. I will be happy for Eddie if he signs with a good team again. This probably makes Orlando and Doc Rivers a bit afraid!!

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ------------------

3. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Here's link to a story about it.
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/NBA2_Front.asp?a

Apparently, the Lakers will get PJ Brown, Miami will get Jones, and the Hornets will get Glen Rice back. This sucks a little for the Hornets, but I guess they get the consolation that they still got Campbell in the original trade basically for free. I also see Miami becoming a lot weaker up front barring any other trade movement to aquire a replacement PF. The team that comes out on top is the Lakers, who fill the biggest hole on their line-up very nicely and only lose a player that they weren't fond of anyway.

------------------

4. Swift_FAN4

Swift_FAN4 Member

Today during halftime of the sonics spurs summer league game Alridge stated that Jones had told close friends he was gonna sign with the Heat with their exception and wait to get the major dollars next year or the year after

------------------

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The thing is that 3 way deal couldnt work because Jones would become a BY player by signing for the max with Charlotte and then being traded so another team would have to be involved. This is why Jones is contemplating taking the 1 year exception. If he does, I definitely think this puts Miami over the hump as Jones is underrated in my opinion. I think theyre a better team with Anthony carter running the point personally, but they should be able to give Orlando a good run for their money, especially if Orlando doesnt get any good big men. Imagine Miami getting EJ and not even having to give up PJ. Lucky them. It would be like us getting Croshere and retaining Mobley only magnified a couple of levels

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!