1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man Up, Rick.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dreamshake, Nov 13, 2007.

1. porkslope

porkslope Member

pretty easy really. you decide on who represents your team. then you play them forever so that they get extremely comfortable with each other and learn to overcome all types of difficulties together. that includes situations that seem hopeless. its called developing trust and confidence, in both players and coaches alike. adelmans wants to run this rotation until it becomes a hive mind. right now, there is absolutely no panic from his standpoint, way too early in the season. youre just anxious and need to chill.

2. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Even With a healthy TMac the Rox ran a distinct possibility of losing the next three conference games. Which would mean they would be what... 1-4 in division play and sitting at 6-6. Not a good start.

Your right about getting your team to gel. But when you are about to lose in basketball, you make adjustments, you tinker with lineups for the night. You get something out of a position thats getting you nothing. Could Steve possibly play worse than Rafer? NO FREAKING WAY. How about James? How about Luther Head? Get real. Its about winning every single game you possibly can in the NBA. Home court throughout is a big plus.

3. SmitingPurpleEm

I find it hilarious that after 9 games Luke Walton has scored more points for the Rockets than SF. Shows how completely out of it Steve is.

Dreamshake... the coaching tactic you're suggesting is used by crappy coaches like Doc Rivers and his players really hate the fact that there is no set rotation and minutes are jerked around arbitrarily.

4. Dreamshake

Newsflash. The Rox should of lost to the Bobcats. An airball Three and a miracle that it lands in Yaos hands saved us. Nice Airball by Rafer. Lost to the pathetic Grizz, and lost to the Lakers who just got Trounced by the spurs. Once again the team scores less and has less possesions when Rafer is on the court. When Rafer is on the court, the PG PER differential is the worst differential on the team at any position. He is shooting .300 and .180. Is getting 4.5 assists to 2 turnovers in all but 30 mins a night. Get it through your skulls. It WARRANTS a look elsewhere. And it should NOT of been at Kirk Snyder. It should NOT be Luther Head.

5. SmitingPurpleEm

You should hope for Mike James to step up instead. Francis will not be the guy. Rivers' players hate the fact that he jerks with the minutes almost arbitrarily, using the completely vacuous "it's what give the team the best chance to win" standard. Players under Rivers might play 25 minutes one night, and then DNP-CD the next. They hate that, and that's what you seem to want.

6. BigRox11

BigRox11 Member

Rick Adelman needs to understand that it is up to him to realize the value of the trades made by Morey. Steve might have attitude problem, Steve might have conditioning problem, but Rich Adelman needs to undertand and accept that these things came with the deal: a low cost, high potential deal. Players like Bonzi last year and Steve this year accepted low salary offers from the Rockets for a reason. As a coach, you have to accept that they are in less than perfect conditions, mentally and physically. However, they are very talented players and they have high potentials. It is up to the coach to turn the potentials into value. JVG failed to realize that on Bonzi. Rick Adelman failed to realize that on Steve. The only difference is that it is still not too late for Rich Adelman to make a change.

7. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

LMAO best photoshopped Alston!! "Where Bricking Happens" frigging brilliant, made my day haha.. thanks!

8. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

RA being in great shape doesn't equal being a better player

9. jasona88

jasona88 Member

BRRRRRRRRRRICCCk!!

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

yeaaaaa! Francis thread #343204234324, cool :rolleyes:

11. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Maybe if you bothered to take your francis blinders off, you'd realize that if francis was playing, he'd be costing the rockets games cause he's a washed up bum and a god damn cancer!

12. Dreamshake

You sir are no Rockets fan either.

This is going to be my daily diatribe on Rick Adelman.

Rick I know its the Defending Champs on their court, and I know we made a run of it with Tmac out, but let me digress once more. You lost. This is the NBA, and the Rockets, as I stated before, are about to be 6-6 and 1-5 in division play. The team lost, and you refuse to try someone off the bench who could potentially help win a game or two.

Rafer finally played a decent game, but no one hear better tell me of Rafers "bball IQ" over Francis anymore. I watched Rafer walk to the basket for a layup and instead of just .... laying it up, he decided to teardrop it. No one around him, no pressure, just for the sake of teardropping it. I watched him Jack a few inadvised 3's. I watched Head and Rafer get absolutely lost on Defense. I watched Rafer stand and watch Parker walk by him on D. Then there was Heads just terrible D and the play which was the back breaker. Rox down 2, Yao had started to assert himself just a bit. Was demanding the ball. Yao is fighting with Timmy on the left block, and there was no weaside sag on SA's D. What does Head do??? Jack a 3. Momentum squashed, game over.

Don't sell me that Francis would just jack up ill advised shots, because thats what I see from Head, Rafer, and James. Don't tell me he would just pound the ball and not share, cause thats ALL i see from James.

Rick take your personal vendetta and get it away from my beloved Rox. It was a loss last night and you did NOTHING different to try and change that outcome other than add minutes to those who have been playing terribly....BRILLIANT!!!!

13. porkslope

porkslope Member

Rick, for the love of god, never put francis in. ever. he is out of shape and has a bad attitude. he also never wears his jerseys to games.
    Rick, if you want to win a championship, start rafer alston every game and continue to give him more minutes.
    Rick, i have full faith in you as our coach.
    GO ROCKETS!!!

14. blastaway

blastaway Member

I may be late in on this thread, but this is one of the best posts I have read on this forum in the three days that I have been a member.

RICK ADELMAN, you are new to Houston, the fans have a lot more invested in this team than you do! SUCK UP YOUR EGO AND GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT AND REALIZE THAT LAST YEAR'S STARTING LINEUP WILL ONLY IMPROVE YOUR STAT SHEET IN WINS AND MESS IT UP FOR THE PLAYOFFS! WE ALL ALREADY KNOW THIS!

You can't win in this league in the postseason with 3 offensive duds in your starting lineup, especially in the toughest division in the league. Have some vision for the future and stop hoping to pad your coaching victory stats by living off of JVG's 52 win season last year.

AND GET THIS RICK ADELMAN, YOU ARE NO JVG AS A DEFENSIVE COACH! PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS, GO OFFENSIVE AND HOPE THAT YOUR GUYS REMEMBER SOME OF JVG'S DEFENSIVE TEACHINGS, CAUSE YOU HAVE ALREADY PROVED THROUGH YOUR HISTORY THAT YOU ARE NOT THAT GREAT OF A DEFENSIVE COACH. STOP TRYING TO BE JVG, EVEN PICKING YOU A DOGHOUSE (SUPPOSEDLY NOT IN SHAPE) PLAYER AS HE DID. START YOUR BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYERS AND TRY TO BLOW TEAMS OUT EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO PLAY THEM 38 MINUTES A GAME EACH!

15. blastaway

blastaway Member

Not trying to be your cheerleader, but another great post.

Rich Adelman needs to understand he HAS to do something differently and quickly. Close and moral victories are not what's going to make it in this league. We close to the SECOND ROUND last year. :( errrrrrrrrrrrrrr

When we were 6 -1 and all the people we saying that we were winning so stop complaining, will they finally realize that some of us have VISION and could see that this team was really in trouble and that record was deceiving, or will they just try to blame it on the T-Mac injury? I think we know what most will do. But we were in trouble even with Tmac not being hurt. As long as Rafer plays for this team, not to mention starting :eek: , and Chuck and Shane start, FORGET BEING A CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER!

PLEASE RA, CHANGE YOUR LINEUP! WE CAN DO BETTER WITH JUST SOME BETTER COACHING! DONT MAKE US START TO CALL FOR YOUR HEAD SO EARLY IN THE SEASON! :rolleyes:

16. blastaway

blastaway Member

SARCASM OR INSANITY? :confused: IM NOT SURE, BUT DEFINITELY ONE OF THE TWO! :D

17. blastaway

blastaway Member

That's real intelligent of you to be able to point out that a player who hasn't been given one minute by the coach to play in a game this year has less point for someone who accidently shot in a hoop for us. Go figure.

Maybe you should look at the box scores and stats for that game last night against the Spurs. Tell me...How many players played for last years NBA champs in that game? How many minutes did the least player play?

If that doesn't get it to you, then check out their stats for the year on how many players are playing and how many minutes EACH of them is averaging. Did I mention that Robert Horry still hasn't played for them yet?

Maybe RA can take some lessons from a man (Greg Popovich) who has WON 4 championships in the last 9 years. YOU CAN PLAY 1O PLAYERS OVER 12 MINUTES EACH A GAME AND HAVE AN 8-2 RECORD, AND WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!

18. porkslope

porkslope Member

those were my prayers before the season got underway.

19. blastaway

blastaway Member

WOW, you must have powerful prayers, for at least half of what you wanted. Steve hasn't played, but FORGET about a Championship with your man Rafer starting or playing at all! :(

By the way, would you like a pill or some therapy for these demonic thoughts you are having? :eek:

Or did you change your thinking yet? :rolleyes:

20. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Tonight is the night.

The fans will be demanding to see their ROCKET HERO get a chance while Steve Nash shows up our starting point guard.

Nut check time, Adelman.