1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Triva: Least Free Throw by a Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by paxil, Nov 16, 2007.

1. paxil

paxil Contributing Member

Rockets only have 6 free throw tonight. I am not sure whether this is a reocrd. Way to go, Ref!!!

This crew sucks, espeically the rookie.

2. paxil

I guess know one has an answer. I googled, can't find anything. But 6 is really an incredible number.

3. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

4. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

And that is for one team not both. I'm guessing Cleveland was the team. Least for both teams in a game is 12.

5. paxil

6. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I think that if I can recall, the Lakers attempted five free throws in Game 2 of the 1983 NBA Championship series with the Philadelphia 76ers, with none of them attempted in the 2nd half.

7. paxil

Toronto took three shots and miss them all.

My point is today's refs just allow SA to murder people and standing there do nothing. This is like Darfu.

8. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

im not as mad about these calls as i was about the previous 2 games, which were just terrible. i didnt know we only had 6 though...

i just dont get how the league lets anyone beat up and push yao all game and hardly ever call it. thats the only complaint i have of this game, and the others, is there just isnt enough calls against yaos defender. you can clearly see the pushing going on from my tv. there is no way in hell oberto, elson or bonner should be able to gaurd yao w/o fouling the hell out of him. but my feeling is that we will be saying this until the day yao retires.

but again i dont think the foul calls were a problem this game. we just lost.
    the previous 2 games were terrible in my opinion.

9. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

yeah, it's all the refs fault. :rolleyes:

the Rockets were rigorously driving to the basket and drawing contact! Yao was very aggressive in going to the basket and he didn't get stripped 6 times or settle for fadeaway off balance jumpers! :rolleyes: