1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best/Worst Job You've Ever Had

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Best - Right now. I work in the athletics dept of a BCS program.

Worst - Cashier at a grocery store.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Best job: Fluffer

Worst job: Assistant to fluffer

3. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Best: Current job

Worst: Age 19, Foley's summer floater working in the children's department picking up clothes in the dressing room.

4. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Best: Right now. Intern programmer for a Fortune 500 company.

Worst: Fixing old houses when I was 15. Getting paid less than minimum wages. And works in 100 degree Texas heat. Worst recent memory by far.

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Best - Accounting Internship at a business management firm for entertainers. Our main clients were Puffy (NY office), Usher, LaFace records and Organized Noize. I was in college in ATL at the time so this was a great job.

Worst - Selling educational books door-to-door for the Southwestern Company, in Wilmington, DE of all places. This was also the summer that Stockton hit the shot...which just added more misery....

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Best- Current just started. It's an outside sales job for a telecommunications company. Get to drive around all day listening to sports radio. Get out of my car and try to sell. It's business to business no way I would to residential. Its fun to see people get pissed off so much and dodging security in buildings in downtown. And meet some busty pharm reps when Im in medical buildings. Some people hate it but its fun to me. Not to mention I've made like 7k my 1st month.

Worst- Manager at Golden Corral. Worked over 70 hrs a week. 1 day off a week. The restaurant business is terrible.

7. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Worst - Fuddruckers. I love the food, but working there is not as great. I worked there for a couple of summers around my first years in college. It was cool at first. Eventually though, taking down orders, dealing with people complaining, and picking up after them gets old, REALLY old.

Best - Professional poker player. I had been going to college for a few years but dropped out a few weeks ago. As a student, my head just wasn't in it. Now, I am getting to do something I absolutely have a passion for. I'm my own boss, so I can "work" whenever I feel like it. The pay can be spectacular. Also, with the invention of online poker, I can play wherever I want, specifically from my home. Of course, you know the major drawback.

#47 rockets-#1, Nov 18, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Don't think I've had my best yet.

Worst - Delivered pizza for some Chinese place. Quit after day 1.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Best Job: Current one because it pays the most and has alot of perks

Worst Job: Current one cause I just got written up because some client complained about me. I can't say his complaint was bogus cause he said I didn't know much and didn't seem to care, he's right on both. I hate having to work and try to get by while doing the least amount of work is my motto. I've had corporate america use me up and spit me out so my MO is squeeze as much dinero from them while doing as little as possible. Quite refreshing actually when I look at my fat paychecks and think dang i didn't do too much for this...

Actually I've had alot of bad jobs, door to door salesman, working retail because retail sucks, telemarketing job, working at a home theater store lugging their crap around, I've had alot of oddball jobs that I wasn't serious about.

#49 v3.0, Nov 18, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  10. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

When the jars went by me they were still empty. There could have been razor blades in them and I wouldn't have noticed. It was all a blur after awhile.

11. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I worked a kid's birthday party once.. and here's what happened

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RW-vQr7wcFM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RW-vQr7wcFM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

12. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

Best: Did payroll/project management for Memorial Hermann's internal float pool. Pretty lame. Solved money problems while trying to fix poor accounting methods. I'm hoping my next job is better. It at least better pay more. Law school was expensive.

Worst: I was a Mormon missionary for two years in the prime of my life. Knocked on doors all day in Taiwan. Tried to communicate in Chinese. Had Chinese people throw racial slurs at me. Didn't really believe in the shiz (left Mormonism about two years after). Paid my own way. Was allowed to call home 2x a year. Rode around on a crappy bike designed to not be stolen. Sold F-ing religion door to door while living with a roomate that was chosen for me. Top it off, masturbating was a sin! (thinking about girls sexually was forbidden, as was dating). Lost two years that could of been used working towards a degree. No, I'm not bitter....

However, the food was good, the supervision was relatively low (depending on who your "companion" was), and I learned to speak and read Chinese. Would have been better to join the peace corp.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

yikes.

never heard a tale like that from the "other" side