1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Time: STEVE FRANCIS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by elvis, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Honestly, we need more than just Steve. We need James to get his head on right, we need Scola to figure it out (I thought it was coming last night but then he fell off again) and we need Battier to become more involved and consistent on offense. Nobody moves without the ball, like they are supposed to. They are all just standing around looking at T-Mac and Yao. We need others to score. We should have at least 4 players in double figures every game. If that happens we will be contenders. If not, it's just like last year, games in the 80s and we need a stop in the last 2 minutes to win the game. That's not going to cut it ya'll. Maybe T-Mac being out for a week will force others to play harder on offense. We shall see.

2. duteman

duteman Member

Cmon man he is not going to suck that bad and its not that he sucks that he's not getting the PT....i'm sure its attitude problems because if you watched in that preseason match against the grizz's offensively he's still got the athleticism and moves...he was how ever getting schooled by that lowry guy on the first step but on one play he recoverd and blocked that from behind....

I like our players just wish the rotation would make more sense

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is time for Steve. Since T Mac is out, it is the pefect excuse for Adelman to go against his decided rotation without looking like he is giving in to Steve or just we, the mob.

If Steve does well, then we have solved a problem. If not, then we will all know what we are working with.

4. Rocket 914

Rocket 914 Member

Next to Bonzi, Steve will be the best at finishing passes inside from Yao and TMac. Battier and the PGs don't look strong enough to complete plays in traffic - resulting in missed layups and kickouts.

5. marshield

marshield Member

at least Steive can play like a man, not like other sisi or headless guards

6. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

Yeah, Bonzi did great finishing against the Lakers. :rolleyes:

7. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

What you mean is "We want Steve regardless of the truth."

8. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

Steve Francis is from Maryland...

9. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

I said this about three and a half months ago. Fire Adelman!

The jackasses are the losers on this board constantly calling for a player who has yet to show any real consistency for the past two years.

10. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

It doesn't matter where he was from, he lives in Houston. It's not like he just rents an apartment here short term or something, many NBA players actually make Houston their home.

Secondly we have no dreams of what Steve can be, but at this point when it seems that every other guard stinks, you should starte giving someone else a try. Even Synder did good for the limited playing time he recieved. If you put Steve in and he stinks as bad as Rafer and Mike do, then you've lost nothing since Rafer and Mike aren't playing well anyway and without T-Mac we will most likely lose the next three games against the best of the west which will put us below .500. If we are successful with Steve in there, then we have gained, how hard is that. If Steve stinks it up, then by all means relegate him back to the bench and live with Rafer who already stinks it up, but at least give it a try.

On top of that, even if Rafer was shooting his .37 career average, how can that be seen as winning basketball. No, Steve is not a great shooter, but he can get a higher percentage shot from going to the hole. When I see Rafer go to the hole, I don't see higher percentage, I see teardrops bounce off the rim.

I never wanted the Rockets to sign Steve in the first place, nor did I really want them to trade for Mike. I don't dislike them, I feel Steve and Mike have a lot of talent and ceretainly more that Rafer, but there were reasons why they were traded away in the first place. I wanted the Rockets to sign Steve Blake out of free agency because he reminded me a lot of Bob Sura, but since they didn't we have to work with what we have. Unfortuneately what we have isn't working, it's time to try something different to see if that will work.

11. dookiester

dookiester Member

hell of a lot better than rafer.

12. porkslope

porkslope Member

rafer is a helluva drug

13. clapnrobem

clapnrobem Member

I don't care if Steve just stays at one end of the floor out of shape.... that will be more productive then Rafer is right now....

14. clapnrobem

clapnrobem Member

Hey dude... just want to let you know.... Elvis is dead....

15. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

i want steve to play...all i want to say

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Bonzi's the best player on our team who consistently attacks the rim....way better than TMac.

17. porkslope

porkslope Member

i wear stevies jersey at the game and it makes me look stupid when he doesnt play. so i chant. remember yao, cat, and franchise?

18. wesleythib

wesleythib Member

Garnett, Allen & Pierce = Yao, T-Mac & Francis

I don't get it! It's TIME!

19. KidMaven

KidMaven Member

I think you missed the obvious. They are probably trying to showcase rafer for a midseason trade. Rafer caught on and is taking it out on the Rockets by shooting 17%. So Ra was waiting to unleash the beast Franchise at a later time. The time is now.

20. daredia

daredia New Member

If Bonzi starts, expect to see Snyder. Only if Luther or Mike James starts at the '2', will you see Steve.

In other words, Adelman isn't going to play 3 small guards (James, Head, Francis) off the bench.