1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[update] McGrady listed as "day to day"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Nov 15, 2007.

1. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Exactly. Day to day becomes a week for tmac.

2. drich

drich Member

man you hit the nail on the head with this quote

3. SmitingPurpleEm

Yao has been playing through an elbow injury since Game 2, put on that sleeve, and missed no time.

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yes, it was so worrisome that he needed an MRI? oh no he didn't. he suffered that during a laker game and yet we never saw him grimacing or anything. he had some of his greatest games this yr with it. it's minor.

tmac's potentially serious and he still might not have any feelings in his fingers still.

please, if u want to compare injuries, then at least know what's going on.

5. SmitingPurpleEm

Then why did he say he has a torn ligament in his elbow, which somehow ended up in the Chron as a hyperextension?

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

when did tmac say he had a torn ligament? when tmac had the injury, the doctors (according to blinebury and he thought so too) that tmac most likely had a torn ligament. blinebury in his game chat said watch out for eery news. so thats why tmac had to go to the hospital for a MRI. everybody thought it would be serious. he had no feelings in his fingers after the hit and thus he couldn't move his entire arm as he went off the court.

but the MRI revealed no torn ligament and just damage/irritation to the nerve that needs time to heal.

so yes, it's like yao ming's elbow injury where u just put on some straps and you're good to go. :rolleyes:

7. rocketshopeful

just a friendly reminder that Yao and T-mac are on the same team, and that if your a fan of either, or the rockets in general, there is no reason to put down one to make the other look better.

It's dumb and creates a lot of garbage in these threads when actually looking for good posts and content.

8. drich

drich Member

man read the article completely before you post nothing is wrong with tracy's elbow dude. everything is negative on the MRI no ligament damage nor nerve damage just a sprain. Have you ever heard of some athletes thinking it is cool being injured laying on the field or court so that everyone can say ohhh i really think tracy is one of those athletes don't know if you played sports but if you have you should know what i am talking about. not a knock on tracy at all just saying i have been around those type before still love tracy because he is a rocket but that doesn't change the fact i think he enjoys everyone wondering is he hurt or not.

9. ClockworkOrange

For the ones that didn't think the injury was too severe from the clip, keep in mind that it only takes 3 pounds of pressure to dislocate someone's elbow when it's bent the opposite way. The nerve damage did most of the "hurting"

10. drich

drich Member

once again no nerve damage just irritation

11. SmitingPurpleEm

I was referring to Yao. He said to Sohu he had a torn ligament in his left elbow but he'll play through it. For some reason it ended up in the Chron as a hyperextension.

Maybe IC2000 is right and McGrady likes to be more cautious with his injuries, to put it in a positive light.

It's November, so I don't really care. If it were April/May I would care.

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

A team without a playmaker is a team about to losse two games? :p

13. ClockworkOrange

Sorry, it came out wrong. I meant to say the injured nerve caused the pain.

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

there is NO WAY anyone would play through a torn ligament. the doctor would lose his license immediately or be fired if that happened.

yao prollie suffered a simple sprain where it got sore or something at the elbow and it's something you can play through. he never showed any slight of pain the game he got it.

15. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with the team having to prove themself but man look at our upcoming schedule while T-Mac is out :(

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Whew... I hated the way that thing dangled when he shot the FT.

17. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

You do realize that you use your nerves to correctly facilitate any movement in your whole body right? And you do realize that the nerve he "irritated" is on his SHOOTING ARM right? Hmmm let me see, nerves are connected to brain, brain sends signal to arm through nerve on how to shoot/dribble, make a pass......oh wait he still has his left hand for that. he can play the game using his left hand the whole time! come on, Tmac, stop being a wuss. :rolleyes:

18. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Yao never showed he had a toe injury until couldn't walk to the bus after the clippers game in 2005. Only for us to find out that he had been playing with it for a long time. Don't assume because Yao doesn't show pain on the court that he isn't.

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

well, w/ tougher opponents, maybe our role players will be much more focused and play their hearts out from the opening tip.

and also, maybe it'll further expose our already exposed weakness (cough rafer cough) and changes will happen.

20. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i didn't mean to say that about yao. i'm just saying people on here said tmac should play b/c yao did the same when they haven't looked at the MRIs, or the extend of the nerve irritation, test results/reports... and just talk out of their arse.

yao is a warrior. but if it's something that u can play on and it does not damange anything any further, any normal NBA player would play.

how can tmac not want to play when he's off to the best start of his career and w/ a schedule coming up that if we win, we make a HUGE statement?