1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the concept of Rafer Alston?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ryan0124

ryan0124 Member

Rafer Alston sucks period.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

If Rafer was new to the Rockets, then more time is certainly in order. But the fans have been watching him brick shots for over two years. There is an almost 200 game sample to evaluate. Rafer is Rafer. He is not going to suddenly snap out of it. This isn't a slump, this is Rafer. The question is simply this: are his superior ball handling skills worth the poor offensive and defensive performances? And do you have a player who could do better overall? Some of us believe that it is time to give others a chance for evaluation purposes, some don't. Right now, not even James can do better.

#342 solid, Nov 14, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Rafer aside, but Mike James gave me flashbacks of him waving off T-Mac in the playoffs. And I'm sick of all the people saying he didn't do that because he did. Case in point, the final seconds of tonights game. James gets the steal, T-Mac runs up to him asking for the ball, James ignore him and drives to the goal and jacks up a layup. We lose. Sorry Mike, but T-Mac and Yao are the only stars. Hell, I bet Steve would have been smart enough to give the ball to the guy that has been on fire all night.

4. Man-Dingo

Man-Dingo Member

To get worse and worse, until we finally discover the blackmail he has on Adelman and Les

5. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Can't shoot, can't penetrate, and less than 6 assists per game with 2 superstars not to mention inconsistent on defense. Improvement??? We're no fools. It's the same old Rafer. Rather have SF3's intensity or AB0's game.

6. Franco7

Franco7 Member

Doesn't Rafe have court dates to attend to??

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Good call!!

Time for Judge Judy to step in and save the Rockets.

8. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

I don't see how ANYONE can defend this joke of a player. Maybe Rockets fans are just so used to seeing him suck that they think all point guards are supposed to be as bad as he is.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No, his game is getting worse. :eek:

10. clutchhero

clutchhero Member

Let's trade rafer/Snyder for Calderon/Garbajosa. Calderon is a reliable shooter and pure piont guard. He can also penetrate and get to the line. Garbajosa get little minutes there in raptors, so he can be very useful here to shoot the open shots.

11. cshen

cshen Member

i think you should be sitting on GM's chair if you can make this happen.

12. Fuse

Fuse Member

When the opposition's announcers are calling for him to take the shots... you know its bad.

13. AXG

AXG Member

There's no way Toronto would do that. How about Rafer Alston for Kyle Korver? We'd give the Sixers a backup point and they'd give us a good spot up shooter. Their salaries match. I know the team doesn't like Korver's lack of defense but he's a pure shooter.

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I heard that as well on NBA League pass. The Memphis announcers were commenting how they have know problem doubling off of (Skip to my Brick) and not being allowed to double off of Mike James. James will make you pay.

15. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

17. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: That's all i have for him now.

18. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

RAFER ALSTON is TRASH! Man that fool,Play Steve Francis already RICK@!!

19. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

steve woulda made atleast 1 of those 3s.... :(

20. DaRhx05

DaRhx05 Member

PLEASE! NO MORE SKIP!! I dont care if he can handle the ball, Tmac can handle the ball, mike james, steve francis, we need scoring not alston, adelman needs to bring francis, omg so frustrating :mad: