1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/13/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Looks like Adelman is sticking with this lineup. :mad:

2. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

I hope he is smart enough to figure that out for himself, though I´m getting worried. It´s taking him a very long time.

3. SmitingPurpleEm

They were fronting him, and they consistently sent backside help to protect against the lob. Our ball movement was not sharp enough to take advantage of the resulting opening, except for the fact that partly as a result McGrady was isolated a lot with Mike Miller and totally lit him up.

Yao's defense was terrible. Seriously, he can't be letting Darko score on him. If this were Shaq or Tim Duncan, I'd live with it, but Darko? Not only was his defense atrocious, he wasn't doing anything on the helpside, and he wasn't getting rebounds. If the team didn't want to get him the ball, I'd completely understand, even though I thought he should have gotten touches at the end.

4. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

...Has that commercial music playing...

5. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

LOL

That's some serious tribute

6. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

chill guys t-mac was smiling b/c mike miller came and said something to him. they were best friends in orlando. as for the game i was horribly reminded of the playoffs vs the jazz where only 4 rockets scored. noone else stepped up besides t-mac. i wish bonzi could consistently go for 12/8 every night. he's too good to not be able to do at least that. i still say we need a Jerry Stackhouse, Michael Finley, or James Posey type player, someone who can hit the 3 and get to the rim.

7. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

brooks with is quickness and shooting ability would help now...

8. Rafer Only Fan

Memphis got to shoot 17 more free throws than us. TERRIBLE DEFENSE! Hayes, Yao, Bonzi, and Scola led the charge with 19 fouls among them.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Mike James has been terrible too. You happy now ?? :rolleyes:

7 shots in 19 mins tonight....don't you think that is too many shots for a crappy shooter? im glad he had 6 dimes in limited action but he shouldn't shoot at all. under 30 % = pathetic

10. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

ROF, at least MJ made a couple shots. Rafer had many many looks from the perimeter and made NONE of those shots.

#1530 JBIIRockets, Nov 13, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

There are certainly things more annoying about this loss than Tmac smiling. And there are certainly things that are more important than basketball and having a baby qualifies. Personally I can't think of a reason that I would have missed any of my children's birth. So I don't take offense to a man for smiling for a new born child. But this isn't the first time I have seen Tmac smile after a loss. Tracy smiles alot when I am sitting on the other side of the screen grimacing. Jordan always had a look of disgust on his face after losing. You never see Wade Smiling after a loss. And Magic who smiled for just about everything looked disgusted when they lost the big ones. There was never a doubt those guys hated losing. It's not a biggie I mean Tmac is the only reason we were in the game. And maybe he is just uncomfortable and doesn't know how to deal with it so he smiles. I've known people who smile when they are nervous. Either way it's really nothing if he doesn't have to smile very often due to a loss.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Agreed!!! We need more low post play!

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Hayes had 4 steals....the refs were hating all night

14. Dei

Dei Member

I'd actually like to lose to a better team, thank you.

15. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

Man, you should seriously start thinking about changing your user name.

Hehehehe, that signature is priceless. Did Clyde really said that?

16. SmitingPurpleEm

I agree with most of what you said, and I also noticed that several opportunities to get Yao the ball when the Griz played behind him were missed. I also thought that we should have gone to him some at the end of the game, when we kept running the same McGrady isolation play. But he was not helping his own cause to get more touches by being horrible on defense, both on his own man and on help defense. Just a bad game for Yao.

17. kwng

kwng Member

Mike James, Bonzi and Rafer miss a lot of shots.

18. rocketsmetalspd

At least there will be game tomorrow and a W will take away this lost quickly. Need to keep up with SA and Dallas. I believe Dallas and SA will play this Thursday.

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

if he's following JVG's path, see ya adelman when 2008-2009 rolls around.

20. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

Our 3 point shooting MUST get better.