1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/13/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2007.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Come on Yao's D was ok. Darko had a great game but it will not happened two nights in row for that guy. They will play the Bucks tomorrow and I am sure he will not play like he did tonight. The Rockets will need the bench to play well tomorrow against the Lakers.

2. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

Rafer didn´t just play bad. He is bad, terrible in fact.
    But agree with your other point, Mike James was supposed to be a shooter, yet he doesn´t make any shots.

If we don´t resolve our PG situation I predict a bleak future.

3. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

let me guess.... your under 14....

4. JDMDC2

JDMDC2 Member

its time for a change if we lost the game a charolette which we didnt deserve to win either thats two losses against sorry teams. Adelman needs to do something or else he is a idiot

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I have been asking that question for 172 games. Bullard said in the post game that if Rafer continues to shoot 30% "maybe it is time to give someone from the bench a chance." That is the suggestion many of have been making. I actually launched a thread on the subject, but the idea was somehow beyond the capacity of most of the responders.

6. apocclass

apocclass Member

so where was the great chuck hayes tonight while we were getting killed by their frontline ?

the holes at PG and PF MUST be plugged before this team can ever be truly elite.

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

lol, a guy that singlehandedly brought us back to tie, but the refs just killed us had no heart. you baffle me.

8. jlwee

jlwee Member

This Player of the week is a CURSE!

T-mac won it and sucked on the next game and we lost

Yao won it and played bad. Letting Darko dominated early and get himself into early foul troubles is one of the reason we lost tonight!

Like it or not, after an amazing offseason, this team is still Yao and Tmac only team. We still need a reliable third scorer! :mad:

9. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

What is the best way to reach RA? we need to put pressure on him to bench Rafer and James.

It is not late to develop Brook and get SF back into game shape. It is very hard to get worse than Rafer and James. The two are shooting around 30% and taking tons of shots.

10. dyu66

dyu66 Contributing Member

The Grizzlies had a strategy to take Yao out by attacking him constantly. But the best defense is the offense! One effective way to counter that is to let Yao attack and get the opposite center into foul trouble and take Darko out of the game. Today either Yao was passive or teammates did not look for him. I am not surprised that Darko ended up with a big game against Yao.

11. Rafer Only Fan

Shouldn't that be a picture of Mike James? He missed EIGHT shots tonight. THREE more than Rafer.

Unbelievable how a fan-base could channel their hate on one individual. What happened to that "It takes five" concept?

12. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

sorry for another new post...but what's up with battier struggling for the corner 3 so far? it's his favorite spot, and he airballed one and missed the other's, and hasn't gotten many to go all year so far

13. dreamsfarm

dreamsfarm New Member

i think that is not a bad lose if we want to see sf3

14. johnrox

johnrox Member

all hail SOLID! SOLID, give us the next prophecy! Show us where the rockets need to go! HAIL SOLID!

15. pli777

pli777 Member

Got dammit! We lost?

Far out this is the problem of me taking long lunches.

16. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

What if someone congratulated him on his new kid. Don't read too much into it. If anyone shouldn't be smiling, it should be the Rocket guards.

I was trying to be patient, but the Rockets' strength in the first hard victories is slowly becoming their biggest weakness...the bench.

-Rafer missed WIDE open shots...again.

-Scola officially owns the "I FOUL ALL THE TIME" reputation that earns him fouls that he may not have committed.

-Mike James still thinks he's MJ...as in Michael Jordan.

-Bonzi didn't take his time.

-Hayes got in early foul trouble.

-Yao still asks for the ball and won't move when he's being fronted (GET AGGRESSIVE, MAN!)

-Luther has upgraded from "clueless" to "i have an idea...i think"

In-game observations....

-During the 2nd and 3rd quarters, Yao's man did NOT front him. Yet the guards did not pass the ball to him. As a matter of fact...they swung the ball AWAY from Yao. As hard as Yao's touches came, that entry pass should have been made RIGHT AWAY.

-Any time a team doubles the opposing team's amount of free throw ATTEMPTS, I always question the integrity of the refs' calls. This is one is know different.

-Scola shoud be the #1 low post option when Yao is not on the floor. The offense should work around him.

-McGrady took more jumpers than usual in this game. Someone needs to tell him to keep doing what he's been doing and DRIVE to the basket.

-Help defense has disappeared ever since JVG/Thibodeau left. Yao needs to learn at least a litte bit. When Deke is in the game, the interior gets clogged quickly.

17. rocketsmetalspd

Will the We Want Steve chant rain down tomorrow? What is the over and under on that happening? 10 to 1 :D

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Or maybe he was getting doubled without the ball?

19. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

well then put everybody in the picture beside yao and mac bcuz they were all sorry today

20. lastmanstanding

Agreed, Steve can't do any worse and probably would do better. hope he plays soon as in tomorrow soon.