1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/13/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

In his second year, Rudy Gay > Battier.

I cant think of anything Rudy cannot do what Battier can do, if asked of him.

Like I said, gap will only get wider.

We could have seriously used him as the 3rd scorer on anightly basis to take pressure off of Tmac and Yao. Instead Battier has a history of disappearing in games and also playoffs. Yao/Mac have to play a nearly perfect game to win games because they are still not getting any help.

Battier aplologists can go back to their

1) But we need Battier
    2) We dont need Gay

rants.

2. Gutter

Gutter Member

come on guys you didnt expect us to win every game? you win some you lose some...next game will be a W

3. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

He got his points. He's always been laid back. That's why he can't ever put teams away in the playoffs.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I really hope Morey is giving the thumbs up on Skip to improve his mid-December trade value.

5. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

i was hoping the rockets could rest the starters in the 4th cause of the back to back, but that wasn't the case. but you win some and you lose some...still very early...just some really bad calls and no calls by the officials

6. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

We won 3 games in the 1st week, then we lost 1 in the 2nd week but we won the later 3 games, and now we loose 1 game.
    3-1;
    3-1;
    then
    3 wins.
    I can take the loose if we win the other 3 game this week.

7. rocketsmetalspd

Ok, Rafer and Luther have been given 10 games to play and contribute. Both have not played well. I believe SF3 and AB should be given 10 games to see what they can do.

8. Barkley

Barkley Member

Ok that's the season. That's how the things are goin'. One night you win, the other you lose you just cannot win everythin'.

Memphis is a tough team, yes they're really good.

We need our guards. Rafer is just nothin' and Mike James ain't great. Bonzi man he amazes me. He cannot make even the easiest layup. That's say and he should work on it.

No defense, really. We played no defense so here's what Adelman should improve. But yes the refs helped them. Looks like they don't like us. They call every call for the opponents, that's annoyin'.

I really hope we can win with Lakers. 6-2 is still good

9. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

We need a starting one.

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Rockets was overrated! This is the real Rockets.

The rotation should be changed.

11. redeeming

redeeming Contributing Member

so the POW jinx still remains valid - once a rocket getts the POW award, the team loses the game straight after.

12. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

41 free throws for the Grizz. I'm not trying to find a excuse, but there were some bullsh!t calls.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    i dont even have words for that fool

14. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Battier is damn near useless when his shot is off!

15. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

RA needs to change the starting lineup. James and Scola should be starting. Steve should play over Head off the bench. Deke shouldn't even see the floor, meaning more time for Bonzi at the 4. Under JVG, this 5 was solid. It was the best 5 player combo in the NBA. But this system is different.

16. WNBA

WNBA Member

out starters suck. battier,hayes,rafer combined for 10 freaking points :eek: that's like 2 on 5.

17. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

A Pethetic game against the Bobcats, and even worse against the Grizz. The Rockets better get back to playing well against the Lakers tomorrow night.

18. rocketsmetalspd

Can someone check how Battier has faired against his old team? PPG

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

not that it mattered, but we're down 6 w/ 7 seconds left and we draw up a play for a 2? somehow that makes me less than confident about adelman's decision making.

20. Rafer Only Fan

Wait, so I'm an idiot, and yet, you just agreed with me.

Face it. If Yao played well at all, this game is ours. He didn't, so we lost.