1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 11/9/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2007.

1. WeiweiBeijing

WeiweiBeijing New Member

Yao did great in the whold game, even in the first quarter, he is just a litter over excited.
    I have to say, bacause of Yao, I am a 100% percent Rocket fan.
    Before Yao, I just watch the finals. Now I watch every rocket's game.
    I will foucs on Yi from individual point but whole team point for Rockets.

2. rocketfan.china

The most favored player in china is Yao without doubt, Maybe Yi has more reputation in GuangDong or south china where he is from.

Will Yi upset KG in the upcoming All-Star Selection? IMHO, i donot think it is going to happen that soon. Will Yi reach KG's level in the future? Im not sure about that, however, what im do sure is Yi may has a shot.

3. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

If the team is losing too much because of poor PG play from Rafer and Mike, then I would say yes, give SF3 and Aaron Brooks some PT. It wouldn't be a good idea to make lineup changes when the team is winning games.

I wouldn't want to see SF3 out on the floor only to make bad decisions with the basketball that winds up costing the team possessions.

4. Fuse

Fuse Member

Scola just needs to grow into his role. A matter of time. Sikma needs to work with him on controlling his fouls... although some of the calls he gets are pretty bogus.

5. MM=unbeatable

MM=unbeatable Member

:D dont get him wrong,dude.he's just complaining about Yi's teammates

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Starting FIVE of Boston 74 points ,Starting Five of Rockets 79 points :p

7. rockpengroc

rockpengroc Member

well ! i think we must keep polite so don't speak out the dirty words like that chinese guy,even if i am a chinese ,too. we should just focus on the basketball, the rockets,yao or yi.

by the way, i think coach a should give the chance to sf3.(at least he can do the job better than head.)

8. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Sweeeeeeet!
    Basketball is truly a global game...

9. yangfanok

yangfanok Member

No way! and Reed can't defeat LBJ too.

10. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i think after that dallas game, adelman emphasized BALANCED scoring. everyone knows tmac can get 30+ ANYTIME this yr (and he coudl have tonight) but he kept passing b/c bonzi, shane, and yao were rolling.

i think as everyone gets the offense, tmac will regain his role where he'll have more movement on offense. right now after that dallas game, i think adelman saw that no one else got into the offense outside of tmac. so i think he made tmac more of a facilitator so now everyone can get into a groove.

and they have. yao and bonzi w/ 2 straight dominant games.

tmac was phenomenal tonight. 21, 8, 8.

and more importantly, he's shooting 45% fg, and 36% 3pt. it's going to get better.

i'm excited

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yes, i'm on the yi bandwagon too. he looked so great in this new look NBA style: athletic, quick, tall, can run the floor.

i think he looked much better than yao in his rookie season and obviously better than dirk.

dirk has zero athleticism and can't outquick ppl unless they're big men. yi can actually outquick some SFs.

but he has to be patient and continue to improve, which he will.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Did JVG get Bonzi wrong, oh boy. He could have been the difference against Utah. Who are on that Utah team could guard Bonzi, when they are busy guarding Yao and Tmac.

13. rockpengroc

rockpengroc Member

and i can't imagine what would happen if yao is injured.

14. metalshred

metalshred Member

OMG

:mad: :mad: :mad:

15. singer

singer Member

hum, I prefer the latter.

16. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

What the hell happened to our point guards?! :confused: I can forgive James for tonight but Rafer needs to be traded for real!!! Ill trade Rafer, and the other scrubs such as Francis, Snyder, Novak or Landry for a decent point guard that can shoot better than 20% (Rafer's shooting %)!! Rafer is our achilleas heel and all the teams know it!! Trade him now before it bites us on the foot later on!!! :mad:

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

TMAC'S dunk got the #5 play of the day on ESPN.

tmac already has 5-6 dunks already :D

18. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Guys, I wasn't saying that Yi is better than KG or that he will ever be.

I'm saying that the All-Star starters are based 100% on fan voting. I was wondering if Yi has enough of a cult following to overtake KG in the voting (Again, nothing to do with the players skill levels). Just like an in-his-prime Shaq is 50 times better than a rookie Yao, yet Shaq sat on the bench while Yao started the all-star game due to fan voting.

Could Yi do the same and start in his rookie year due to his popularity?

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yes he could start (depending on what position he is put at). doesn't matter if yi has a cult, yi is in another conference from yao so that won't affect him. every chinese who can vote will vote for him. he won't deserve it, but he'll play most likely in the ASG

20. alecoool

alecoool Member

LOL :D