1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets move to the East?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brando, Nov 5, 2007.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I highly doubt Les has had conversations with Stern to move to the East, more like to me Feigen is pulling something out of his arse to speculate...

2. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

It really doesn't even matter.

3. notthefullquid

notthefullquid Contributing Member

I'm surprised at how many people want to preserve the old rivalries and history of the Western Conference. It says a lot for people who would rather risk losing for the sake of tradition.

See, the way I look at it, it might be the top 5 happiest day OF MY LIFE if we move to the East. I like easy victories.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

one can only hope.

if a western conference team needs to be considered an eastern conference team i would hope its the rockets.

5. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Ok I am not sure what is wrong with you people but HOW THE HELL CAN YOU NOT LIKE A MOVE TO THE EAST??

You get a LOCKED #1 or #2 seed, you get MUCH EASIER RIDE TO FINALS, you get REST FOR YOUR TEAM.

Realize once in the finals anything can happen, why play 3 championship caliber teams on way to finals instead of 1.....

You guys must be out of your minds.

6. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

hellz yea we'd be in the finals no doubt!!

7. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

NO then i'd have nothing to do anymore

8. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I can see why Les would like it, but I love hating the Spurs/Mavs/Suns/Lakers! The historic rivalries are too much for me to sacrafice, I don't like the move. It doesn't matter though, because it has less than 0% chance of materializing.

OKC being in the Northwest wouldn't make much sense though, not sure how to remedy it though.

9. Yaogatron

Yaogatron New Member

How about move to China!
    :D

10. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

You're right, we would slaughter in the East, but I think its like those eBay commercials: it's more fun if you win it. I love hating Dallas and Josh Howard/ JuHO/Terry and Manu/Bowen, and I believe we have the potential to be the best team hands down. I want to trounce the western foes, the competition that matters and will allow us to finally usurp San Antonio. It would be oh so much more rewarding to this fanatic to rise up and conquer the unconquerable west than to glide through the east, albeit with much improved odds of winning the big one. I say that also because, if we steamrolled the east the media would constantly discredit our strength. Competition is good.

11. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

You're right, we would slaughter in the East, but I think its like those eBay commercials: it's more fun if you win it. I love hating Dallas and Josh Howard/ JuHO/Terry and Manu/Bowen, and I believe we have the potential to be the best team hands down. I want to trounce the western foes, the competition that matters and will allow us to finally usurp San Antonio. It would be oh so much more rewarding to this fanatic to rise up and conquer the unconquerable west than to glide through the east, albeit with much improved odds of winning the big one. I say that also because, if we steamrolled the east the media would constantly discredit our strength. Competition is good.

This WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN. But its fun to imagine.