1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 11/1/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's games like these that make me recall those scouting statements that say that TMac has the most talent in this league, over anyone. He's got size over Kobe, much much better shooting than LeBron, you can go down the list. This guy is a specimen that may only be matched by Durant, but he would have to do some major work to get just to where McGrady is now.

Anywho, I'm guessing the point I'm trying to make is that, we've never really seen TMac play under such an offense-coordinated mind as Adelman. When RA said he wanted to make it easier on his two stars, maybe that was a harbinger for the kind of year McGrady has the potential to have if everything works out (meaning no health issues, primarily). If such is the case, and the "real" TMac is not what we saw the past 3 years under JVG's elephant of an offensive scheme but rather an entirely different, and heretofore unquantifiable, beast of basketball ability, then the team might have a real shot at winning it all this year. Sure, he was red hot tonight. But you could also tell he had to work a lot less for his points, he and Yao both. The fact that our bench came out in the 2nd qrtr and outscored Utah speaks volumes for how differently our team is constructed. And this was just the second game. Imagine how much more smoothly we'll operate by midseason. This is TMac's chance to prove all the national media and fans wrong about selling him short as a player and a winner, and maybe a chance for us all to realize that JVG could have done better.

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

durant can't handle like tmac, doesn't have a first step like tmac, can't pass like tmac, and can't play SG.

people need to stop comparing the 2. tmac is 6'9 to 6'10 and can play 2-guard w/ ease.

durant can't.

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

it was a blessing in disguise when yao got taken out. you know the game changed when scola entered for yao.

4. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

durant is 18 years old. the fact that people are even comparing him to the superstars of the league speaks volumes about his game and potential. he literally has no ceiling.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

tmac wasn't TMac either when he entered the league. let durant grow up and progress, he has all the physical tools.

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

it's hype brother. u heard of oden?

durant is gonna be a great player no doubt, but compare him to the right players.

but the things i pointed out are things u should have as a young player. u can develop a jumpshot. u can develop a stronger NBA body. u can develop the mental mindset.

but first step? that's natural talent. handles? if u don't have handles at 18, when will u have it?

7. awo86

awo86 Rookie

KOBE= most all round; lock down D

T-Mac= best offensive talent when in rhythm; superior court vision

Carmelo= just a good scorer

8. theoridgenator

Revenge is sweet. :D

9. awo86

awo86 Rookie

ya...the best comment so far. It's not that Yao sucks, but when hes on the court our team performs worst because on offense hes causing TO and on defense hes allowing easy shots. I'm sure Morey has some stats to back this up.

10. johnrox

johnrox Member

it's more that yao isn't able to stop boozer, looked exactly the same to me as last year's playoffs, boozer just teeing off from 15 feet, there is absolutely nothing yao can do. and boozer can take those shots in his sleep.

i don't know what was wrong with yao's offense, maybe he wanted to do great and got frustrated? at least half of his misses were good shots that he usually makes, i personally didn't see anything too special with utah's defense with yao...

in any case rockets have protection this year, and legit protection with scola

but one thing I really would like to see is to get utah off those offensive boards, I hated seeing it last year, i hate it even more now

11. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Damn I forgot we had a game today! Frickin Halo!!!!

Was it a good win? Should I bother to dl R2K's vid? I was gonna dl the lakers game but I saw most of it and damn that was a bad game.

12. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

HOW MUCH DOES RAFER SUCK!?!?

HE WILL BE BENCHED SOON AND THeN SOON OUT OF THE ROTATION!!

FRANCHISSEE!!!

13. johnrox

johnrox Member

this was a good game, great great game by tmac, see it just for that

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agreed. Look at what he's doing in just his 2nd game.

15. DaRhx05

DaRhx05 Member

IT FEELS SOOO GOOOOOD!!!!

Jazz sux, get that outta here! Tmac was beast, and looks like his back is a thing of the past, he even had some nice dunks vs lakers. Yao still needs lots of development, Boozer ran circles around him -_-

next victim: blazers

easy win!

16. job

job Contributing Member

Except for Mutombo, it looks like everyone has picked up their game this year and are playing better. Mutombo looks like he has really slowed down this year. He is not even rebounding or defending that well. I wish we would have kept Butler for his offensive skills.

17. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

18. DaRhx05

DaRhx05 Member

yo where can i dl this game, i really wanna see Tmac play, highlights arent satisfying enough, anybody know any sites i can go to?

19. AussieRocket

AussieRocket Member

I couldn't watch the game but can someone tell me if Kirilenko was on McGrady? Gosh, I hope he was, it would put a whoooooooole new meaning into the AK-47 nickname, if you know what I mean ;)

47 get it?

20. dexkk

dexkk Member

Goooood Game!!!!! Rafer didn't suck, he's just not that good. James did a good job today. T-MAC!! Awesome. Yao was off to a horrible start but finished well. Yao always seem to struggle against the Jazz, I hope he fixes that problem cause there's a good chance we'll see them again in the post season.