1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So Who is the Starting PF?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MR. MEOWGI, Oct 30, 2007.

1. mister pc

mister pc Member

Scola is the answer at PF.

I guess it doesnt matter if he starts, but I definitely hope and expect Scola will get the most minutes. Poor production at PF was a big reason why we couldnt get out of the first round.

2. Precision340

Precision340 Member

I think Hayes is starting tonight... saw the lineup on the Chron sports page.. could be wrong though

3. RedRaiderRocket

Without a doubt in my mind it is Chuck Hayes, Chuck is a better rebounder, defender than Scola. Scola has the offensive skills but still needs time adjusting to the NBA lifestyle. Chuck Hayes was probably one of the most consistent guys in the playoffs. Its like saying Luther Head should not play because he choked in the playoffs. Efficient is the most important thing, these guys know each other and did a great job. The one thing we lacked last year we have this is year is depth in the bench. When Yao comes out, so does Hayes. Chuck is a great cutter and put back guy.

4. mag

mag Contributing Member

If Chuck is such a good performer, why teams leave him alone and put his man on Yao. He is a major liability offensively and defensively Scola is not a downgrade from Hayes. Actually I like Scola better because he is learning not to foul prety fast while Hayes has been playing for years and still is a foul machine.

5. Jimes

Jimes Member

I'm just glad we have options this year :) I think it's a very close argument as Chucky brings the D we'll need against a lot of the PF's while Scola makes TMac's and Yao's jobs easier on offense. The starting 5 from last year had a great PER rating, and it seems like w/ Scola it could do better on O, worse on D. In the end, I think Scola gives us more potential over the course of the season and into the playoffs as he is a proven champion at the professional level. Good to have both though.

6. ericmark

ericmark Member

Whoever can take advantage of JHo. Scolaaaa is the answer. :D

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

For me Luis Scola.

But it wouldn't be suprisin' if Adelman put Hayes in the lineup and than Scola will come off the bench to help the team.

8. paxil

paxil Contributing Member

I heard it is going to Juwan Howard :D We just picked him up.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I keep reading about how "efficient" our offense was and that is the big reason why Chuck Hayes should start. You guys do know that we have a new head coach this season and that he runs a completely different offense? Besides this efficient offense can't be that great or Gumby would still be here now, wouldn't he?

But I agree with ima in that it really doesn't matter who starts - it is who gets the most minutes. If Hayes starts but only plays 18 minutes to Scola's 30 coming off the bench, I'll be okay with that. But Scola has to play the majority of the minutes at the 4 - not Hayes.

And honestly, we need at least these 3 players on the court at all times because of their offense: Yao, McGrady, James, Scola, Bonzi.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think we should keep the starting lineup the same. add to the bench.

11. krockets

krockets Member

Guys, remember we have a different coach this year, who emphasizes heavily on the offense end. I like Hayes and I know he was very efficient last year, but we were also under a coach name JVG at that time.

12. longbow111

longbow111 Member

Does that really matter? Landry will only see the floor in garbage time. So Both Scola and Hayes will have plenty of time to play as PF even 10-15 mins(totally) as Center.