1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

thank god rafer didnt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I actually agree with most of this post except the end. With the depth we have this season in James, Francis, and now Brooks, Adelman better not be playing major minutes with Rafer. I can guarantee you that if that does happen (Alston getting major minutes even with our depth), then yea you are going to see some people complain about it and well they should.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I am very concerned that our 4th string PG had such a bad preseason game. This does not bode well for our playoff chances this year.

#42 ima_drummer2k, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

All the insider info in the world isn't worth this crap.

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Rafer needs a clean shot at the new offense. Wait and complain about Rafer's performance THIS season if deserved. The new offense might do wonders for his game. The jack up 3s time is over for the Rockets. Now it is about motion. It is already a different time in a different game. Last year is now nothing to go by.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

That lineup plus JVG = Trip to the WCF. We would have beat the Jazz, shut down the Warriors and the Spurs........who knows. We definitely would have not had only 4 players scoring in a playoff game.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

JVG = The Teleczar. JVG did a good job for the Rox, but proved to have a ceiling. I tend to believe he will follow the course of Fratello and want other NBA head gigs and yet be positioned on the TV pine. JVG did ride Rafer into his new, cusgy role. Fair? Maybe. Maybe not.

It is now imperative, I believe, for RA to play RA and help him be successful - so he and his poor shot, inability to finish at the rim, slightly (yes, slightly) inflated contract can be sent out for an asset going forward.

I just have a hard time understanding the bile and venom which flows from this brother BBSer. Comparing Rafe to a rook? Why not spew about Gay's growth, his apparent development into a young stud? Speaking of rook Points, will Lowry let Conley, the #4 pick, get any minutes? Reminds me a bit of Mark Price - Kevin Johnson.

So, Rafe - prosper. And bring us back piece (for a title run).

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

The point is you're either in the Rafer bandwagon or not. Hmm, maybe I should start on thread on that... (insert sarcasm smiley)

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

............who, Rudy Gay????

(Here comes Gater.)

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

3-6 from downtown and 0-10 from Two-point land sounds very Raferesque to me. Just implant Brooks with the same brain electrode we tailor-made for Rafer, where if he even thinks about driving and bailing early on the shot (a.k.a. definition of teardrop) he'll just faint instead.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

where do people come up with this stuff? blocked the trade? He can't block any trade, he's a coach.

yeah, he would have kep his job if he would have played lucas of v-gina...right? :rolleyes:

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. clutchhero

clutchhero Member

What bothers me a lot is the fact that brooks always seems to shot the ball or go lay-ups from right side of the rim (including last night). He should get more comfortable to play in the left half if he do really wants to make the roster in the long run.

13. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

It's one preseason game, no one outside of this forum cares who did what. To put it in perspective if Brooks had scored 24 points and shot 50% there would be a thread saying he is the next Allen Iverson or Kevin Johnson and should be starting, and threads asking if he was going to make the all star game as a starter this year...

I do agree that when teams do poorly fans blame it on the coach and when they win it's the players. Just look at the Rocket's winning record when Yao was out last year, yet there are people who think the reason we didn't advance in the playoffs is because of the coach.

14. Barkley

Barkley Member

Great post. I also noticed it and it really bothers me too. Brooks is a great guard and I'm sure most of the coaches would love to have him on the roster. He's so quick, I haven't seen that quickness yes in any other player. But damn, this guy looks to shoot first. That's a big mistake. He should kill the defense with his drives, passes, etc.

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

except for 3's, right? which is about all he should be limited to being the 4th or 5th option on the court at any given time.

we should trade him.

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

he shoots two point field goals?

if brooks is shooting the rock 14 times with tmac and yao on the court, then we have a problem...

17. redao

redao Member

If Rafer plays as little as Brooks, I'd be happy if he shoots 3/160.

18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Keep in mind that if Brooks were a couple inches taller we might still not have needed him cause we already had 3 point guards and picked up another. If Brooks were a few inches taller he MIGHT actually be an NBA quality starting point guard.

But he isn't.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

looks like a failed attempt at yet another tireless rafer debate

bravo

(I'm going to assume that you realize Brooks is a rookie starting his first real NBA preseason game AND is expected to be our 3rd or 4th PG)