1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/23/2007 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2007.

1. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

JVG had little say in that. Morey though it was a great deal, Memphis said Battier was the only untouchable on their team, they liked our offer, probably the only offer they liked in all the years teams asked for Battier, they called JVG on draft night and asked him if it was okay, he said if you've done your research and Roy isn't available, then do it, and tada. And if we didn't make the trade, we would have traded the pick anyway and drafted Safolosha to round out the lottery. We were never really looking at Gay from the start.

2. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

but he still got 10 points and 7 rbs... not bad for a PRE-SEASON game

3. vizier

vizier Member

who are the commentators? i actually fall into sleep listening the audio league pass:( missed the 2nd OT damn.

4. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Kobe 2-14 . hes pulling a vince carter on the lakers. hes gonna play like thrash till they are forced to trade him. missed a awide open dunk..

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I stopped reading right there.

6. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

How did James get zero assisit when he has Yao, Tmac, Francis, Bonzi, Scola, Head, Battier, Novak.....all these scorer around him? Amazing!

7. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Because he's such a good point guard ;)

8. devin23

devin23 Member

during the 2nd OT, even if Francis had 5 fouls, head should not have brought up the ball. Hope Adelman realize Head is a SG over a pg's body.

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

You should also include Bosh and Garnett! :D

10. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Rafer was 3rd option last year. If you don't think Rafer dropping from 3rd option to 5th/6th option, while mainly focusing on running the offense makes a big difference to our team then you shouldn't be posting here.

I and the rest of clutchfans certainly don't want to hear any more of that. Thanks.

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I am not one of those guys opposed to Yao playing a bit more in the high post when he can, just to conserve his energy a bit. However, by a "bit more" I mean no more than 10% of the time, not spend half of the time away from the post. Fact of the matter is Yao is a giant, and his utilization as a jump shooter doesn't help the Rockets get anywhere. So yes, mix it up a little, but Yao still MUST spend at LEAST 80%+ of the time in the low post.

He ain't Vlade Divac, he ain't even Sabonis, he's much better and much more dominant, and his dominance is in the post, not hoisting jumpers at the three point line.

It will be more obvious the more games we play...

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

So who decided to play James as our starting point guard??????????????
    Possibly he was being showcased for a trade?
    Or Coach 'A' was just hit in the head as he relized that James is just nothing but a selfish shoooting guard, who you bring in off the bench whe you need points desperately. or you need to pick up the pace. After setting up the new system Coach 'A' plays Guard Mike James as the starting Point Guard,who refuses to play the system [ No assists]. Now he must consider Brooks or Francis as our back up point guard or possibly there is a big change on the way!! Who knows what Morey was meaning by a trade for a starter? :p

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

James could have had a few assists. it was'nt hes fault yao and battier were throwing up bricks from hes passes.he got battier couple of open looks. he bricked it. same with yao. you whinny little b****es need to not go by boxscores.

14. snc

snc Member

i definitely caught that, hilarious

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

but u won't hear about him quitting on the team :eek:

i've seen the lakers preseason, outside of a 6 min stretch v. the sonics, he hasn't looked to shoot much until tonight and bam, he's throwing up a brickhouse

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Actually I do. Very rarely have I seen salt go well with chocolate. It must be good.

Carry on Sam.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Why did Scola fail today?I didn't see the game.

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

as we play more and yao seems less effective at the high post, adelman won't use him there.

but if he plays completely at the low post, adelman has to alter his game plan somewhat and have someone else at the high post.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Thoughts after the game:
    1. Scrubs got their wishes for the PT.
    2. Yao needs to stay close to the basket
    3. Rafer is our best PG
    4. Francis doesnt fit with RA's system.
    5. Landry is a keeper
    6. Head needs head
    7. Scola is going to struggle when the season starts.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'm surprised it took you that long to come up with something bad to say about Francis. Step it up man, your hate is falling off.