1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well, I talked the talk

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gr8-1, Dec 2, 2001.

Tags:
  1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

about Chris Simms. All year, I hoped that he would turn into Staubach, but ultimately, he didn'.t

I don't know what happened tonight. Simms looked like **** and Major did s struggle at times.

But, I'm here to eat crow. For non_Ut fans or pro Cu fans, I'm hear to face the music. I asked cu fans to show up if cu lost by 20+, but obviously that didn't happen. So, congrats to Simms and Ut haters. Y'all won.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Classy post.

I am a non-UT fan, and never really believed in Simms. But UT really did outplay CU.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I thought we would have won the game with any QB. I was wrong.

Simms showed why he doesn't deserve to be the starter. He was outplayed by Major - Major didn't even have a running game to work with.

Anytime Simms faces pressure, he takes a huge step backwards. If the NFL wants him they can have him. Major deserves to start the bowl game. If Mack is a man, he will make the right decision. No one deserves to have their starting job pulled by injury - now Chris will feel what Major went through this season.

I have never been so proud of our effort. We really put up a fight till the end. Chris just dug us into a hole we couldn't get out of. No need to eat crow. We all lost tonight.

4. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

the one pro-UT comment I will make in the face of this miserable loss is this:

when they turned the ball over 4 times against us, we beat them 41-7.

when we turned the ball over 4 times against them, they eeked by with a 39-37 cliffhanger.

major applewhite is a stud. when the fans at texas stadium were ferociously booing simms, applewhite was vigorously waving his arms for everyone to quiet down. first pass from applewhite = 80 yard td.

so many close plays. . . mangum's field goal. the roughing the kicker. the touchdown passes that johnson and williams almost caught that resulted in field goals. the safety that could have been called on cu. . . .

please understand, I am in no way laying the blame for this game ANYWHERE other than at chris simms' feet. I'm just saying there were so many painfully-close plays that, if other UT players had made them, we'd have won.

5. gr8-1

Simms = a nice kid with immense amout of pressure on him and all the physical tools in the world. Horrible at reading defenses.

Major = slow, short and rubber armed. Tons of intangibles. Just win baby.

6. gr8-1

chevious, I hear ya. Those Simms passes, I just didn't understand them. I kept saying "what was I thinking?" When CU committed their TO's, I think we forced them. Simms did his all by himself.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'll take a winner over an athlete every day of the week.

someone else here said it correctly..major applewhite is a stud. i was disappointed to see UT lose..but I was proud of them and proud of Applewhite.