1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jobs] Is it possible?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by baller4life315, Oct 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

My internship was with a Division I athletics program. Maybe I should have just stuck with that instead? :confused:

2. conquistador#11

everything is possible!
    [​IMG]

3. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Find a sports team with an internship program, work hard, kiss a lot of ass and get recognized and try to get full time after that. Show commitment, loyalty, and diehard fanboyism.

Worked for me, I'm at my favorite entertainment company.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'm guessing (as an alternative to a marketing degree itself), communications or maybe even Masters Public Administration, due to the community work?

5. hydrohead

hydrohead Contributing Member

My buddy had an interview with the New Orleans Hornets not too long ago. He graduated from the business school at UT with a degree in Marketing. He held internships with Austin Toro's as well as the Round Rock Express. He said they wanted someone with a sales background, so he is going to go into pharmaceutical sales for a bit and then give it another try.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Why did you not say so? I think you're in much better footing since you've done a sports internship. Don't focus on the NBA only. Tell your Assistant AD (supervisor) you're looking for an entry level job. If he/she is cool, they will forward your resume to their buddies with openings. There is a ton of turnover at those positions. You'll get an interview and the rest will be up to you. That reference carries weight.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You should tell your friend to stick with pharm sales, no way he'll get paid more w/ the Hornets.

8. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I got the internship with the Rockets in 2005 by pure luck or was it my valuable skills? =)...I didn't know ANYONE in the Rockets organization. They just called me up and I got the internship.

SO best wishes!

9. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Just a guess, but . . . are you hot?

Hot girls don't need connections, or even skill. It's amazing.

10. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

how would they know if i'm hot by just looking at my resume? ;)

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Maybe it was pink and scented. :D

12. teknokid

teknokid Member

So.. got any reply or wut?
    I actually just submitted. I had to work on my portfolio -_-.. hope it's not too late.

13. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

you don't need connections for internships, as long as you can get coffee and... (insert bill clinton joke here) you'll get the job. it's like the basement level job, but it's also where you can start getting connections.

14. been_exed

been_exed Member

u posted ur myspace link on it.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Sorry to bump this thread but I figured i'd give those that care an update. I received an e-mail today with the position title and "update" in the subject line:

It's frustrating. It's a job I was 100,000% qualified for and could have performed well. Didn't even get one call or a chance for an interview. Oh well..... :mad: