1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woman gives up convertible Mustang in exchange for lost dog

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tested911, Oct 14, 2007.

1. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I hope she steals it back.

2. tomato

tomato Member

I have inside information that the car is haunted

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Shouldn't that guy who probably stole the dog in the first place pay some kind of tax on the mustang?

And, she just gave him the keys, but what about the title of ownership? Even if it's sitting the glovebox, isn't there some kind of procedure to go through to transfer ownership?

4. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Some idiot who trades her car to a guy who probably stole her dog in the first place probably isn't too concerned with details like that. All that matters is that she has her porkchop and that she can be a huge burden on her parents who have to drive her smiling dumbass all over the place now.

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

loss of a pet = loss of a family member for a lot (not all) of pet owners. Would you trade your car to get your kid back? So let's not go crazy on a woman who obviously chose love and devotion over material possession, no matter how high it was.

As for the guy, lets not be so pissed at him, he got a Ford in exchange, if the maintenance fees won't kill him, I'm sure the exploding tires or some other safety issue will take him out eventually. :D

6. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Ok, where exactly in SA does this woman live? How often does she walk her dog? and does she have any more cars.. or maybe other cool stuffs?

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

lol :D

8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

{...Makes note to self...}
    Schedule road trip to San Antonio...take adequate supply of Snausages, Kennel cages, and extra drivers...

9. Fatty FatBastard

I had my bulldog stolen 5 years ago, also. People south of here know there is a market for them.

I'm not a fan of violence, but if she would show a pic of her car, I'd beat the guy that was driving it.

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

How is that guy a dick? She using her own free will put up her car. She is the dumbass. Now if the guy stole the dog or waited until she upped the ante to return it then yes he's a dick. But otherwise he was being a good samaritan and received a reward.

11. hotballa

the good samaritan never asked the guy to pay him back for the money he spent at the inn.

12. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

The woman did what many other dog/pet owners probably would do to get back their beloved family members.

The guy is a dick, even if he was not the thief.

#32 wnes, Oct 15, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

A good and honest person knows that a car is too much of a reward for the return of a dog. I can tell you without hesitation that I wouldn't take any reward, even if offered, for returning a family pet. This should be common sense to decent human beings.

14. tested911

tested911 Member

And shoudn't the opposite be true? A good and honest person knows that giving up a car is too much for a Dog?

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I don't know what good and honest have to do with it. A smart and rational person should know that it's too much. I'm not exactly sure how she jumped from $500 to car. :confused:

16. Smokey

Again he did not decide the amount of the reward. Are waiters/waitresses dicks for accepting excessively large tips? Just because you wouldn't have taken the car doesn't mean he is a dick. Lack of compassion might be a better term.

17. hotballa

so...
    lack of compassion =/= being a dick?

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I think I wouldn't have taken anything. But if the person is willing to go up to a car... I think I'd refuse the car and say "but you can give me the $500" ;)

19. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

It was possible the guy initially kept the dog because he thought it was a wandering and neglected dog, assuming all the innocence in the world. But once he saw the ads it should become crystal clear the dog is not a random gift to him by God but somebody else' pet that means tremendously precious to its owner. If by then he didn't return the dog voluntarily, without accepting anything other than symbolic gratuity, he is no different from a hostage taker, a dick by default.

20. Smokey

Dick has a negative connotation like the guy did something wrong. Some people have compassion. Some people don't. It doesn't make him a bad guy just someone who took advantage of an idiot.