1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Harris - Pros/Cons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Oct 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Biggest Pro to me:

-Will not whine his butt off, but rather give it all he has and probably kick the tails of other third-stringers should he only receive garbage time.

That right there beats what I would guess would happen if Reed or Snyder were our 12th. Rack it.

2. wingz0

wingz0 Member

I'm pretty sure there're some teams who are willing to take Snyder in as help. It's not like he's an unknown anyway. He has shown that he can produce somewhat decently when in the right kind of system. It's just a question of whether he can keep his head on right.

At this point, even if we have to deal him low to make space for Harris, I'd do it. Cash and a late first-round pick would suffice imo. Isn't that what we got him for?

3. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Harris vs Snyder.. :confused: :confused: :confused: oh yeah, just slightly better... :p :p

Snyder is probably the worse offensive shooting guard in the league...

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Would it be stupid if Landry ends up being much better than Harris in couple of years. Morey from the get go has said most rookies picked in the area that Landry was picked ie. #31, don't usually pan out until a couple of years down the road. The rockets picked Landry and Brooks for the future.

5. barbourdg

Its a tough spot for Rockets Brass.. They will have to sacrifice future potential, to keep so many veterans on the team.

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I agree that it's going to be a tough call for the rockets brass. I would like to see them look out for there future as well. Still think that they will make a trade before the season starts to clear up some of the logjam and put some players at ease.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Points well taken. But Harris had 9 rebs in 19 minutes yesterday. If he continues to be productive in the preseason and doesn't look lost on the floor, Novak is the dead man unless he gets his act together.

IMO, the bubble players that get solid playing time during the preseason are under evaluation and could make the team. The bubble players that don't play much are dead. As things go forward, if Harris continues to get playing time he will make the team. If Novak's minutes go down, stick a fork in him. If Snyder doesn't see much time, he is done and could be traded for next to nothing in return or cut. If Butler doesn't see much time, he's outta here (unless there is something to this injury rumor).

Money is always an object for Les but it may not cost him that much to keep Harris on the roster. Maybe I'm wishful thinking.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Hayes is still the PF, while Harris can only play the 4 during small ball. He is more of a Sf. they dont necessarily cancel eachother out

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fact of the matter is...Snyder sucks.

i don't understand why people keep talking about his "potential" like Eddie Griffin and Stomile.

Harris is a basketball player. Snyder can jump.

that is all

10. barbourdg

HP, I totally agree! :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm with you. Put Harris' brain in Snyder's body and you would really have something.

12. AGBee

AGBee Member

There a Snyder update? If he's injured there's no chance we're trading him.

13. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

It is funny how people consider Hayes more of a power forward then Harris, and Harris is exactly the same height, has more body mass, more athletic, and hell had more rebounds in a shorter time. So just cause he can shoot, and put it on the floor, don't think Hayes has him in any other category until the preseason plays itself out. Limitations don't make you more of a power forward, just hinders your versatility.

14. Fuse

Fuse Member

i hope we keep Harris. He looks like a good rotation player, an intelligent energy guy that we can bring off the bench but still is somewhat of an offensive threat.

15. Risto

Risto Member

I was very impressed by Mike Harris's play... I didn't know much about him, but i think he would be a solid addition to the rockets. He sure can shoot the ball and seems like he can rebound/defend. Snyder seemed lost out there when he played... He can be a good cutter to the basket, but other than that i don't think he can shoot that well or defend.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

his athleticism and versatility reminds me of Josh Howard

17. stq

stq Member

Mike Harris > Chuck?

geez...
    I guess these are the same group of ppl who worshipped Novak last pre-season, hum?

Chuck is ELITE in rebouding and defending category, heck he can even defend starting C in this league. He is proven, playoff tested.

18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

We gotta keep Harris.

He is super mario reincarnate.

only bigger

He is Chuck Hayes with a handles and a jumpshot.

Please don't make us watch him turn into a quality starter/ 6th man somewhere else.

Cut Snyder, Landry, Novak, JL3, Brooks, Butler, Reed, SF3 first.

Works Hard, Produces, Doesn't complain, Plays smart. Sign Him.

19. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Great Post. I've liked what I've seen from Mike in the summer league and last night. It would be nice to have a local (Rice grad) on the Rox.

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I'm all for keeping Harris. But I just think there's too much hype going on for him right now. Remember G(reek)-Mac of last summer? :D

I just hope if (and that's big IF) he stays but doesn't get any PT (most likely), nobody will be calling for Coach A's head.