1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Training Camp Day 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 5, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Member

Photos of Yao Ming in warm-up and shootout practice (together with Steve Francis), and during his interview by press/media, right after the team walk-throughs in the morning session of Day 4 (Friday, October 5) from the other post that I posted in another dedicated thread of Yao Ming in the preseason training camp.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=3148675&postcount=33

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Can you people tell me why the hell you keep putting Novak on the roster? He has done absolutely nothing that makes him worthy of not getting cut. No way he should be chosen over Harris, Reed, or Landry.

3. amare

amare Member

can the audio files be downloaded and saved? are there any direct links to the mp3 files? thanks

4. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

A 3 point threat is always a nice option to have at the bench. Especially when that shooter have the potential to be the best ever.
    Most shooters have to undergoes 1-2 years of getting used to the nba. Even reggie miller. http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/millere01.html

5. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

I'm with you i'm tired of the Novak hype i say waive him and sign Harris...
    get rid of JLIII, Sura, Reed, Butler

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Novak can't even shoot well in the Summer League. And when his shot isn't falling, he brings nothing else to the table.

7. saleem

saleem Member

Defense is what we need from the players who are fighting for the last spots.
    The guys who play defense consistently should make the team.

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Member

After JB retired, Rybo and Boki shipped, Sura waiting to be cut, Novak is the only legacy of the White Boys Power Squad. :p

Seriously I won't give him up until he has proved himself suck even under Rick Adelman's system. Adelman has the reputation of bringing the best out of a player and Novak is supposed to have the potential to be a good shooter in this league. The "potential" is still intriguing. If he still sucks under Adelman, then yes...I would say we cut him.

9. WildSweet&Cool

Though Adelman intends to keep using Yao's strength in the post...
    I remember the days when Adelman coached Portalnd with Sobonis (who was also a huge guy). Sobonis spent a LOT of time at the elbow and the top of the key. Yao has much better game and range than Sobonis, too, so I'm expecting him to have Yao around the free throw line to:

1) see the floor and deliver the ball to a cutter
    2) set a pick for a teammate
    3) keep him from having to run from baseline to baseline over and over again
    4) let him get downcourt faster
    5) take better advantage of his shooting range
    6) possibly get him mis-matched against an opposing guard (shorter)
    6) Force large opponents to come out of the low post to guard him

10. Barkley

Barkley Member

Awsome work Clutch, thanks again

11. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Member

Thanks a lot Clutch! :)

12. dragonz

dragonz Member

I agree, anyone of these 3 guys > Novak

13. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Thanks for the info ...

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am not saying that we should keep Novak. But what can the other guys do? When you are fighting for the last roster spot, you are not very good anyway. The only thing that will get you a spot is potential.

I haven't heard anything good about Reed. The only thing I've heard so far about Landry was his draft day resume. Harris is the only one mentioned. Clutch likes him a lot.

15. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I am going to beat Clutch to tell you guys here that his recap of Training Camp Day 4 is on front page now!

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1442/2007_training_camp_day_4/

It's 2:30am already in HK now and I am glad that I do my routine check of the front page before heading to bed! :D

And Clutch, thanks for your great efforts and the recaps!

16. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

just wondering, who are the guys allowed to enter adn watch practice??? thanks.

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Reed is supposedly doing very well in training camp, according to player interviews. Haris is showing a lot too. Haven't heard much about Landry, true, but from what I've seen of him, he can board and D up decently. All three of them can score from the post, shoot from mirange, rebound, and play defense. Harris even has the ability to go outside and take his man off the dribble.

Novak can't do any of that. He can shoot from the outside. That's it. That's all he brings. And problem is, he can't even do it well in the few minutes he got on the court last year or the huge minutes he got in summer league. I mean damn, even in summer league he was a liability. Now, even in practice he's losing contests in his only valuable skill to our rookie pg.

What has he done or potential has he shown (and he's shown much less than Harris, imo) that warrants him getting to take a roster spot?

18. normy85

normy85 Member

I think they should just waive Novak and bring him in as a shooting coach. He could teach Hayes and Alston in shooting 3 pointers. :D

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Thanks. Been waiting for this one. Now go to sleep. :D

Absolutely outstanding job Clutch. You go get some rest too. :)

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Does anybody know why T-Mac always sits out toward the end of practice? Does it have something to do with his back? Is he just taking it easy? Thanks!