1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Webber in Europe?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Barkley, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Rockets Dynasty

Getting banned because of his crap makes people care.

2. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

leave him alone, the guy likes to retire in Europe.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

To whom? Who has been banned because of Sam? Not one single person.

Give Clutch some respect, he knows what he is doing, he will ban people if they disrupt the board.

Hell, I got banned from the GARM for turning every thread into a JVG rant...guess what? I deserved it......

And IMO, Sam deserves to get banned for his insulting trollish style of posting, but it is NOT up to me, it is up to Clutch who runs this site....for basically FREE....

If you believe Sam is the problem, report his posts, that is what the tab is there for.....but right now you are not coming across very well, and I think you should step away from the keyboard for a bit before you get yourself banned again.

Please take some advice, all you are doing right now is making yourself look bad.

Just report the trolls, don't feed them.....

Just my .02

DD

4. Rockets Dynasty

DD do you surprise me I thought you were smarter than that. Notice how when know one calls Sam on his BS and goes right at him that the whole friggin' board is just run amok with his insults and all his flock sheeple followers and the whole board becomes nothing but insults and rudeness everywhere.

Notice also that when someone actually goes after him that the board suddenly magically clears up? Or has this totally escaped you?

If he's too busy focusing on one person to insult, mock, ridicule, patronize, etc. then it's better than normal where he does it to 20-25 people at a time.

So let me get this straight.......for taking the brunt of his crap and taking it off numerous other posters here I am "not making myself look good and may deserve another ban"?

Nice thinking DD really.

5. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

I dont know anything about your two's problems, but it seems to me that "first team" and "FOWARD of the YEAR" dont = role player. I mean really...It cant be THAT different in Greece or America to say..hey bub, you are the best forward in this league. And to me, you dont lead the league your in, in scoring and be considered a scrub...lol. Seriously dude, your arguements dont hold water.

I have never had to side with a person on this board, that I can recall atleast, but it seems to me, that your just offended at the idea of American scrubs "starring" in your euroleagues.

6. Dreamshake

OH, and to get back on track...damn, I would LOVE to have Webber on the Rox. Especially for something like the vets minimum. I mean, what if...Scola flops? Do we want another season of rolling with Chuck Hayes as our starter? There are still way too many what ifs to not have as solid a backup plan as someone like Chris Webber. Lets no forget that Webber could also spell some time at the Center position too. In case we have year three of Yao injuries.

7. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

If I could get more money to play in the most beautifull country in the world I know I would take it.

my .02

8. Rockets Dynasty

Look for yourself and play the game where in the list is Michael Batiste?:

All-Euroleague 1st teams through the years...

2006-2007

PG Dimitrios Diamantidis
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro
    SF Trajan Langdon
    PF Luis Scola
    C Nikola Vujcic

2005-2006

PG Theodoros Papaloukas
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro
    SF Anthony Parker
    PF Luis Scola
    C Nikola Vujcic

2004-2005

PG Sarunas Jasikevicius
    SG Arvydas Macijauskas
    SF Anthony Parker
    PF David Andersen
    C Nikola Vujcic

2003-2004

PG Sarunas Jasikevicius
    SG Marcus Brown
    SF Dejan Bodiroga
    PF Mirsad Turkcan
    C Arvydas Sabonis

2002-2003

PG Tyus Edney
    SG Alfonso Ford
    SF Dejan Bodiroga
    PF Jorge Garbajosa
    C Victor Alexander

2001-2002

PG Tyus Edney
    SG Marko Jaric
    SF Emanuel Ginobili
    PF Dejan Bodiroga
    C Dejan Tomasevic

There really is nothing that Sam Fisher can figure out and apparently none of the members here knows anything about Euroleague or maybe we should call it "Euroleague".

As Sam and apparently several others here cannot grasp no matter how many times it is explained to them.

I actually was just waiting for someone else to pint this out. Hey Sam doesn't even know that Greece is just one country in Europe obviously but whatever most people here argue he's right and I am wrong.

But hey it's obvious hardly anyone here even knows what the Euroleague even is.

All-Euroleague 1st teams through the years..

2006-2007

PG Dimitrios Diamantidis
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro
    SF Trajan Langdon
    PF Luis Scola
    C Nikola Vujcic

2005-2006

PG Theodoros Papaloukas
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro
    SF Anthony Parker
    PF Luis Scola
    C Nikola Vujcic

2004-2005

PG Sarunas Jasikevicius
    SG Arvydas Macijauskas
    SF Anthony Parker
    PF David Andersen
    C Nikola Vujcic

2003-2004

PG Sarunas Jasikevicius
    SG Marcus Brown
    SF Dejan Bodiroga
    PF Mirsad Turkcan
    C Arvydas Sabonis

2002-2003

PG Tyus Edney
    SG Alfonso Ford
    SF Dejan Bodiroga
    PF Jorge Garbajosa
    C Victor Alexander

2001-2002

PG Tyus Edney
    SG Marko Jaric
    SF Emanuel Ginobili
    PF Dejan Bodiroga
    C Dejan Tomasevic

Batiste is clearly "the best PF in Europe" the "best post player in Europe" and an undeniable "star". Clearly of course Scola wasn't even there.

Never mind the CURRENT BEST PF is Matjaz Smodis. Facts like this mean nothing at all when the 4th best player on Panathinaikos magically becomes the best player on the team because Sam Fisher says so! Even better than Dimitrios Diamantidis and Sarunas Jasekvicius!

Also clearly he is best player on his own team even though the actual facts dispute this (players bolded above are Batiste's teammates on Panathinaikos FYI). But hey, someone said I could not "handle the facts."

Yeah and again it looks like Luis Scola was the best PF in the EUROLEAGUE not Mike Batiste and Scola's teammate Dejan Tomasevic is actually on the list at "big man Euro star" but hey no Batiste imagine that???, but hey Sam is the master of manipulating facts here and apparently is immune from being banned no matter what crap he pulls or how often he does it, even when he constantly lies and constantly manipulates facts like Greek league PF of the season = Euroleague PF of the YEAR.

Hey if the Sheeple flock follow it, keep doing what works right? Don't let actual facts get in the way and anyone that presents them......CRUSH THEM!

See according to Sam the Rockets pulled one on on, well actually the Spurs on the Rockets. You know supposedly Luis Scola as the actual first team Euroleague PF................. well guess what that was a LIE!

He really wasn't! Sam Fisher uncovered this with his great research skills. Even though Luis Scola was the all Euroleague first team PF the last two years, well you know according to Sam it was actually Mike Batiste.

9. Dreamshake

Well if you want to play then lets dance...

Heres all I need to know about Euroleague to make my assesment. We will even use your own listings.

SF Trajan Langdon
    PF Mirsad Turkcan
    C Arvydas Sabonis (Were talking about Sabonis after his Last NBA season of averaging 6 points and 4 boards, going over and being the best center)
    PG Tyus Edney x2

IF those are the best of the best then Its a sad league indeed. Point is that these are garbage players (initial point from the beginning) who cant cut it in the NBA, but are stars in the Euroleagues...which in and of itself is laughable.

10. scola

scola Member

The Euroleague is weaker than the NBA... everybody knows that.

But the Euroleague is the second best league in the world, and there is nothing laughable about it, at least not for me.

11. Rockets Dynasty

It's definitely way better than NBA Summer Leagues or NBDL so I think "laughable" is just extremely ignorant.

Colangelo and his son, Bird, and Nelson Jr. are all on record saying the Euroleague is better because the players are skilled. They point to the lack of success of the NBA players in international play and Colangelo and his son have taken two teams that were in the NBA dumpster the Raptors and Suns and improved them based on Euroleague principle.

The Suns went with a coach and system that fit it and the Raptors went and signed a bunch of top players from the Euroleague and that team of "barn yard players" won 47 games.

Of course the NBA is the best league everyone knows that. Everyone knows it is not even very close. But people that think all the players in Euroleague suck are completely clueless without a doubt.

12. Rockets Dynasty

Another point, people keep using these terms like "stars of the Euroleague."

You know who the REAL stars of the Euroleague are?

Theodoros Papaloukas
    Dimitris Diamantidis
    Sarunas Jasekivicius
    Vassilis Spanoulis
    Rudy Fernandez

Players like that and a few others. Just like Juan Carlos Navarro was just like Luis Scola was THOSE are "stars" in Euroleague.

People here are claiming Mike Batiste is better than Luis Scola and ARGUING with anyone calling them on it. So why the hell didn't the Rockets sign Batiste to be the starting PF then?

Somehow EVERY time these "debates" come up people manage to claim the players that are not really the best players are the "stars" and never even mention the real stars.

It's like saying "hey the NBA is overrated I mean look at Rafer Alston he's a star in the NBA. He averaged 13.3 points per game on a team that won 52 games - that's all I need to know about that garbage league."

All the while acting like Yao or T-Mac wasn't even on the team. That's how stupid a lot of posts here seem.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Perhaps you were wishful thinking. It's either the Pistons or retirement. Don't know why you would say he would have already re-signed with the Pistons. It took Deke a while to re-sign with the Rockets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3045522

14. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Yeah. The difference between Deke and Webber is that Deke knew he was either going to sign with the Rockets or retire. Webber first wants the money, then a longer contract, then wants more money, then wants to play for a contender, then gets an offer from overseas, then rules out he's chasing the money, then says he's stupid for throwing away stupid money, then comes back all the way around and says he wants to play with Detroit. Ha. I could care less what this guy does! If he honestly thinks Detroit is going to fix their roster and payroll issues this late in the offseason, then he deserves to retire. I don't know how he's going to own a team in the future.

Of course it was wishful thinking. If Cuban would've extended the offer, he would've signed right then and there. Like I said, I really don't care at this point. I like the way Cuban handles these situations. He's a no BS type guy.

15. scola

scola Member

I really don't see Webber playing there... but it would certainly be funny to watch.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QtQAJH_JoXM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QtQAJH_JoXM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

16. Dreamshake

Probably for the same reasons that YOUR "stars" listed above werent drafted either...lol. Are you trying to make this easier for me?

Well this is another terrible arguement. Actually it would be like you listing anyone on the ALL NBA 1st team, not rafer alston. Whom has never been remotely close to making an all 1st team. Or if Rafer had actually made a 1st team all NBA selection, then you could use this as a basis for your argument. Untill then its a mute point.

#56 Dreamshake, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Dreamshake, you should show more respect for someone's last words.

RIP, Rockets Dynasty. He deserves a military memorial for his militant, repetitive defense of European basketball. He may have had all the effect of the Marginot Line, but you have to admit he was a plucky little guy. (*sniff*) He probably didn't know what hit him.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well, he didn't know but BBall Scientist knew.

Orpheus will return.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Did he bite the dust? (always wondered what that would look like, someone on their hands and knees, growling, gnawing at some dust somewhere... shaking one of Sam's shoes from the back of his closet, or one of your old furs, B-Bob, sneezing the whole time)

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

For his inevitable return, his moniker should be BBall Zombie -- rising from the dead once again to chew on the brains of ClutchFans members. :D