1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K8-Rockets (Ratings, Screens)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGM, Sep 18, 2007.

1. kbourda

kbourda Member

Maybe i'm the crazy one but Luis Scola the same rating as Chuch Hayes (72) is crazy. I like the over all flow of the game. Much improved from last year the only negative I have so far is the sixaxis FT shooting. I am trying to find a way to turn it off (if possible).

2. LFE171

LFE171 Member

I called the game crazy by my house and they said they won't sell it till tomorrow, though it's in their store.

For the eager beavers, he said to just try wal-mart or target if you really want to play it today.

3. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Where in Houston can I buy these games today? Please give location....I'm on a mission! Thanks!

:confused:

4. SMUSMU

SMUSMU Member

Game Crazy in Pearland only had four and obviously 3 now.

5. kbourda

kbourda Member

Email me and i'll give you the location. I just hope you don't have a PS3 cause I bought the only PS3 copy they had.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wrong. I just went to two different Wal-Marts. Both had it on the shelves and they let me get the game. They go to scan them and it says "Sale not permitted." I got denied twice. :mad:

7. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Man, I called the two EB/Gamestops and the 1 Game Crazy by my house and they all say tomorrow.

8. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Same here.

9. RedRowdy111

same here also, man I called the pearland store, and they do have it!!!

But I live over a hour away from Pearland.

Anyone find it on the north side???

10. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Damnit that sucks. I was going straight to walmart after work too. What about target? Probably same results. What a friggin tease.

11. RedRowdy111

Some worker at a Gamecrazy told me that had the game, and he would hold it for me. I drive to f'n NEW CANEY to get it (from Spring) and he tells me he cant sell it till tommorow. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! help!

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Not totally related, but I just got NBA Live 08 for the PSP. I don't play games frequently now, and it's more convenient for me to play on the go. I also know having the PSP as my main system means getting second rate stuff, especially from EA.

BUT THIS GAME SUCKS ASS! OMFG WTH? Scola and Hayes aren't in the game. Jackie Butler is the freakin' starting PF. You can't create players. This game is useless as a Rockets fan. I remember in 07 the computer wouldn't substitue the computer's team, so by the end of the game you would be relatively healthy (provided you did a decent job of subbing) while the computer would be completely winded in the fourth quarter. Because there's no Scola, Hayes, or create a player, I'm not even bothering to find out if they fixed that bug. And by bug, I mean total incompetence and lack of effort on EA to put out anything of quality. I usually buy games if I know I'll play it, but I knew better w/ Live and downloaded it first. I'm pissed off I took any time or used any of my ratio to get his EA POS. They should rename the company to MF-E-POS-A. And the 'A' should no longer stand for Arts, if you get my drift.

I wish they would make a 2k8 for the PSP. :(

13. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

does anyone know if wal-mart will be selling these at 12?

14. Dr. Basketball

I got to texas tech and called wall mart a minute ago and they will be selling it at 12 :01 in lubbock texas!

I still don't know what game to get?

15. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

I tried the demo for NBA live 08 after not playing it for 2 years. I was thinking by now they would be caught up with NBA2k. I was wrong. The graphics might be a little bit nicer than 2Ks, but man it still feels and looks like an arcade game. Even the way they stand and dribble the ball too fast. Their movements just dont seem realistic at all. It feels like a game. Now when I play NBA2K7 the movements are so much more fluid, and playing it feels like you actually playing a real basketball game. This is always the deciding factor for me, and every single year NBA Live doesnt fix this man. Im putting my money on NBA2k again. If anybody else is trying to decide, just get 2K you will be glad you did if you'd like a life-like simulation of a real basketball game.

16. HarmLess168

HarmLess168 Member

How is Yao "injury prone" when all his injuries were caused by someone else? (his big toe keeps getting stepped on, and someone shoulderblocked him on the knee). Both avoidable injuries. Amare's MAJOR injury wasn't because of someone else. It was his OWN BODY failing.

Coincidentally, Amare's having surgery again on his knee. Care to guess how many more he'll be having in the future?

17. jlwee

jlwee Member

I will buy Live 08 simply because NBA2k8 dont have PC version :(

18. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

Nobody's on PSN. Wow.

Add me if you have the PS3 version.

PSN ID: Seer

19. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

I got an hr and 22 mins left till i go up to Gamestop and run bacc to my house like a bandit

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wow this game is amazing, even on PRO it plays well. I actually lost my first game against the Blazers in overtime :mad: . Teams play so much like they do in real life.