1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA center Fantasy Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Sep 19, 2007.

1. devin23

devin23 Member

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I for one am happy with all these people underrating the Rockets again. I was starting to get worried with all the feel-good stories revolving around them in the offseason, but hopefully we'll have more people discounting us so we can be true sleepers in the West.

3. liangqj

liangqj Member

On the other hand,maybe it can explode Yao to over all of them.

4. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Well, since it's fantasy basketball it's more about stats, though I still think Yao has better stats, but I don't know how fantasy basketball points are calculated. Also, the 30 missed games might've gone against Yao.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

All three have had major injury issues the last couple years, but I think most would consider Yao to be the biggest health risk.

I expect Amare and Gasol to play more MPG this year as well, plus they're playing in a high-paced offense (if last season is any indication). Hence, they look better from a fantasy perspective.

6. devin23

devin23 Member

Yea but gasol also missed quite a few games last season, 23 actually.

7. abundance

abundance Member

I don't get Pau over Yao. They both get about 2 blocks 10 rebounds. Yao gets 25 pts, Pau 20 pts. Both have injury issues. Amare should be below Pau in fantasy rankings. Center position is depended on for FG%, blocks and rebounds. Amare has an exceptional FG%, but that won't overcome his 1.3 bl/game. The blocks are imperative.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It's fantasy basketball, where injuries will kill you. They mention how the injuries that caused him to miss big time across two seasons aren't chronic, but he's still a risk. Gasol looks to be healthy now, and has the A/TO ratio to make up for his lack of points. Fantasy wise, Gasol's a stud.

9. lost_ball

lost_ball Member

Yao injured 2 years in a row, and his turnover is higher compare to the other 2 guys.

10. pli777

pli777 Member

:rolleyes: Just don't care too much for these rankings anymore.
    Rocket wins the freaken ring and all the media would be kissing tmac and yao's ass.

11. bbjai

bbjai Member

Gasol is a stud in fantasy, he stuffs the sheet across. Yao is only good for pts, %. Blocks and Boards his weak compared to Amare and Gasol ACROSS a season

12. abundance

abundance Member

The star players usually have high TO's. It's easier to pick up low turnover guys in the late rounds with comparative performances.