1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is T-Mac really a softee? (FoxSports)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CheezeyBoy22, Sep 16, 2007.

1. lost_ball

lost_ball Member

i trust SF3 on clutch more than tmac

2. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Guys, this will be an academic discussion once the season starts.
    If Yao stays healthy this season, with his new attitude, Yao will be the man of this team.

You can see that something clicked with Yao at the end of last season. He was demanding the ball and tried to take over. The problem was he was asked to guard Boozer, who shot the lights out from outside and was much faster, tiring Yao out. Another problem was JVG never changed his game plan, while Sloan and Utah players got JVG all figured out, making it very hard to score or defend. Yet, Yao still scored 25.4 ppg, almost 11 RPG. More importantly, you can see it in Yao's face. He was very determined, he was mad, he was in players' face, fist pumping, you name it.

Can't wait for the season to start!

3. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

Shaq doesn't win that ring in Miami without Dwayne Wade helping out and making his own contributions. Wade was an important component in enabling the Heat to win that championship series.

As for Kobe, three seasons are gone, and he has yet to win a playoff series since the Shaq trade. The first season, Lakers miss the playoffs. Then the next two seasons, Lakers get bounced out of the playoffs by the Phoenix Suns in the first round, with the first of the two series losing out after leading 3-1.

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I'm more worried about his soft back and loss of athleticism over the past few years…

In terms of leadership Yao is the man, T-Mac’s gotta step aside. I’m sure Adelman won’t have Yao fighting for post position like our last coach, thus he won’t be exhausted at the end of games. JVG was a dummy who didn’t get how to use Yao, I’m positive that Adelman does…..

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

this team is only going as far as T-mac takes it IMO. yao is a great player but there are and teams and defenses that can really limit his production because of his lack of athletic ability. t-mac on the other hand, is a scoring machine and i dont feel like he can be stopped by any one player or defense.

6. Champ06

Champ06 Member

This team is only going as far as the starters and the bench take it. T-mac and Yao are great players but Basketball is a team sport and some of the posters thought they are posting in T-mac vs Yao thread.

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Put Tracy next to a prime shaq and he'll get atleast 2 rings. people are starting to understand how dominante the prime version of shaq really was. kobe has achived squat without him.

A washedup shaq got the heat to the finals and a ring.

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

did you watch the playoffs? Wade won the series for them. He was the flash, and the diesel needs a refill during that series.

The only reason T-mac is consider a softee is because of those sleepy eyes, he always amaze me, how he could have pump his fist and shout, but those eyes are still so sleepy.

Its the match up of the players that kills us last season. Match up of Williams/Rafer, howard/okur. And not to mention yao/boozer.

9. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Why? You don't like when the truth is told

10. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

kobe don't have Yao. If the lakers had Yao, they would win the championship

11. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

When the game was on the line, he took a step back and starting deferring to his teammates. This is not what you want to see from your best player.

12. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Tmac didn't even take a jumper during crunch time. He deferred to his teammates. I can't recall a team's best player going awol in the crucial moments of the game. This has to be the first time I ever witness a superstar doing that.

13. bbjai

bbjai Member

If i remember correctly
    Lebron did the same thing

14. Barkley

Barkley Member

You can talk about Tracy's minuses but you'll see -> he'll be a completly different player next year

15. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

No he's not softie.It's just playing years and injuries slowed him down.
    He still lacks some agressivnes just like his cousin in New Jersey.

16. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I trust him to dribble off his foot.

17. Barkley

Barkley Member

I agree. You can't say T-Mac is the best player in the NBA cause it's not true. McGrady is a smart guy who is one of the best players in the NBA but not the best. I should say JVG slowed him down too....SO I can't wait until the new season starts. New coach, new Rockets new T-Mac new Yao:)

18. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

you don't remember correctly! :D

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Amen, I wish more people could recognize this fact.

20. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Youre kidding right? yao wouldnt even see the ball ith a selfish prick like bryant. and second of all, a prime shaq>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yao and it's not close. put any half decent wing player with a prime shaq and you have aq contender.