1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New iPod

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CometsWin, Sep 3, 2007.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

An iPod with wifi and a touch control widescreen, just what I wanted. I wonder how much it'll be... I'm guessing $400+.

Apple expected to unveil new iPod lineup
    Daniel Shen, Taipei; Steve Shen, DIGITIMES [Monday 3 September 2007]
    http://www.digitimes.com/print/a20070903PD203.html

Apple is expected to unveil its next-generation iPod lineup, including an iPod video with a touch-control interface, at a press conference on September 5, according to sources at Taiwan-based contract manufacturers.

The new iPod video will also come with a wide-screen panel, high storage capacity and Wi-Fi connectivity, the sources indicated. In addition, the new iPod video is expected to be powered by NAND flash, instead of a hard disk drive (HDD).

Apple is outsourcing the production of the new iPod video to Taiwan-based Inventec Appliances, which is expected to start volume shipments by the end of this month or in early October, the sources noted.

Apple's new products will also include a new iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle, to cash in on the upcoming Christmas season, stated the sources, who also noted that sales of the new iPod series is expected to total 22-23 million units in the fourth quarter of this year.

In addition to Inventec Appliances, other Taiwan-based makers, including Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry) and Asustek Computer, will also benefit from the launch of the new iPod product range, the sources asserted.

[​IMG]

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

3. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

it's pretty safe to say that we all know what it's going to be, a touch screen IPod

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

i'd put down getting that Ipod, rather than a iPhone.

btw, here is the rumored new Nano, the Nano Fatty

[​IMG]

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The ipod in the first post sounds cool. i haven't done too much research on the iphone....doesn't the iphone effectively do what the rumored ipod does...and/or won't the 2nd or 3rd generation iphone do it.

aside from making you go with a specific carrier, why not just get the iphone?

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

two words, storage space.

more than likely these will hold the same amount as the current one does, 30-80 gigs as oppose to the 4 and 8 gig capacity of the iPhones

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

ah...good point.

8. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

9. Enron

Enron Member

Now is a good time to invest in Apple, they're stock is so damn expensive though

10. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

About the ipod nano fatty...it's actually more of an ipod nano shorty.

It's the same width of the current nano, but about an inch shorter.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Fack Ipod!

I actually like the hardware a lot....but Itunes is like a donkey show.

12. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I owned the first 3 ipod models. they all suck in terms of sound quality.

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I'm an iPod kind of guy (I've owned a 1G and 3G iPod), but I'm actually intrigued by the ultra small Sansa Clip. $60 for a 2GB mp3 player the size of a Shuffle (but WITH a screen!) sounds pretty nice to me.

[​IMG]

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's been the rumor for the past couple of weeks at least. The stock popped a little on the news last week I think. I'm more intrigued about what Apple is going to do with the iPhone - they're talking with other networks/companies around the world about using the iPhone on their networks. I was expecting to see another model of the iPhone by Christmas, but who knows. Ah well, y'all keep buyin' 'em, I'll keep buyin' the stock on the dip. :)

15. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

never understood the problem with itunes? it works just fine...whats wrong with it?

16. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

everyone, please read this:

iphone

17. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Now trendy apple users can have three options as to which new apple device they want to wear and show off to the public.

Apple's lawyers are probably sending this Taiwan factory some angry letters now.