1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. ¿TRNT?

¿TRNT? Member

Congratulations to the Argentineans on the BBS. Looks like Scola had a big game. Although it would have been better to see it live, I can't wait to see the tape delay later tonight after the USA game.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Can't wait for Team USA to face the full ARG squad in Beijing. I hope they meet in the championship game.

Someone please post Scola's complete boxscore when you have it. Thanks.

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Min 2PM-A 3PPM-A FTM-A Pts Ass R F
    40 10 - 14 0 - 0 7 - 12 27 2 9 2

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He played all 40 minutes? Too bad. I'd say today was Argentina's championship game because they have qualified for Beijing and we may not see their best effort tomorrow. I wish they had blown Brazil away.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

They will be very relax, and maybe give us surprise tomorrow!

6. Barkley

Barkley Member

Congratulations ARgentina:) Now you're waitin' for USA. Be ready

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Can you give us a brief summary of Scola's performance? It would help us get a better idea than his stats.

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Later, this game will be replayed.

ESPN Classic, 9 p.m., NBA TV, 11 p.m.

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Does anyone pay attention to Splitter?

I found he is a very good defender! I guess, if VGD was still the coach, we would draft him. But, we wouldn't have Scola and Brooks.

Of course, I think Scola and Brooks are the men that we need.

10. Hemotivo

Hemotivo Member

Splitter can't stop Scola.-

11. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Luis Scola demonstrated his leadership and that he is a winner to obtain the ticket to 2008 Olympicsfor his country when they came from behind to beat Brazil 91 vs 80 in the semi final.

Luis Scola played the full 40 minutes, and scored 27 points (10/14 FG% 7/12 FT%) /9 rebounds/2 assists.

They will play USA again in the final.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They still couldda had Scola AND Splitter, and then kept rafer as the 3rd pg instead of getting Brooks.

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

If Spurs didn't get Splitter, they wouldn't trade Scola.

14. aamir

aamir Member

Sorry, I only caught the last 8 minutes or so. A few (maybe more) words about what I saw though...

Luis' play wasn't very intense in these minutes. But he did impress me with his ability to make a quick decision. First with a Hakeem-esque quick counter spin move to a leaning bank shot, then later with a last millisecond pass to an open player off a fake jump shot. Aside from that, he did little offensively in the time I saw him, as he was often post in the low block where he fights for his space (he's aggressive, for sure) but doesn't seem too comfortable in close quarters. He strikes me as more of an open space player -- not PHX/GS style, rather he mainly looks to get his points off put backs, open jumpers (pick & roll), and when theres enough space to get in a dribble/spin or two.

Defensively, it was rather strange. When I first started watching, he was very tentative at challenging his opponents shots -- usually just kept his hands up rather than making a play for the ball. I thought he was in foul trouble to be honest, but he ended the game with only two fouls. If he gets caught behind, however, he almost gets overly aggressive in trying to make a play. On one play, he bit way too hard on a screen set by Splitter 20 feet out -- basically turned a simple screen into a screen and roll, and quickly went from three steps behind to crashing into Splitter at the basket. It seems like a pride thing, something that will need to be put in check for NBA competition.

Hustle was great, often saw him setting up to take a charge or chasing the loose ball. Rebounding was okay -- Splitter definitely took advantage of his height advantage when they were both in position, but Scola had a better knack for being in the right spot.

That's pretty much what I can recall. From what I've seen of him so far, and aside from his high basketball IQ and his drive/hustle, he's pretty much the anti-JVG player, which very well might make him a great Adelman player.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks,much appreciated.

16. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Does anyone know if the game will be viewable somewhere online tonight?

17. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Luis is playing better and better games.Wow,we're lucky team beliave me,Arghhh man can't wait until season starts!!!

18. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I believe you will be able to get a live feed at espn.com At least that's what they were saying previously. I could be wrong though

Edit: I take that back... I just looked on the nba website and nbatv will be webcasting it. here's the link to where they will post the feed address http://www.nba.com/2007fibaamericas/schedule.html

19. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

20. Mighty

Mighty Member

FSN (37 in cable) will broadcast it.