1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harry Potter - Finished - What did you think?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Jul 24, 2007.

1. ahp007007

ahp007007 New Member

2. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WQ2nzgoYPqY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WQ2nzgoYPqY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

remember that huge thread we had on lindsay lohan a few years back? my webs erver crashed when i posted a hq clip of that snl skit because of y'all here.

dang i wouldnt go near her know freaking drama queen

as for emma watson i'll talk about her next year when its safe.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I finished last week. I had to reread the last three chapters and I still don't get the ending completely. So I did some research on wikipedia which cleared up some things but not others.

Thus, I like the book and the series but ... The train wreck of plot threads at the end was disappointing.

Also considering this was a seven part series that I read over just as many years, there were too many dangling plot thread book to book to book.

The Deadly Hollows appear to be a unneeded plot obfuscation. Story needed the Elder Wand to get the end to work, but the Invisibility Cloak and the Resurrection Stone (which was also a Horcrux) did not need to be linked.

Having HP's wand acts on its own accord is more throw away plot obfuscation. V's own wand (one of the twins) could never kill Harry since Harry was the host of the Horcrux. Right?

And the elder wand could not kill Harry since Harry was its master. V mysteriously was able to put Harry into a death trance nonetheless (while killing the Horcrux). The next time though the Elder Wand backfire killing V. Not too bloody consistent.

There was also the confusing plot line where since V had Harry's blood in his body, V's own wand had yet another reason not to kill Harry. Good grief.

Lastly, Neville pulling the Griffyndor Sword out of the Shorting Hat was a real plot stretch. Why would V bring the hat to him to use against Neville? And wasn't the sword in possession of the goblen who stole it?