1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone else miss Maurice Taylor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Nov 14, 2001.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Taylor's absence may be the principle reason why the offense looks so bad. Wouldn't it be nice to have another go to guy close to the basket? Someone who could end those scoring droughts like Duncan does and Hakeem used to. I believe that with the current players and defense that guy would have been Taylor.

With the new KT I'm beginning to like the front line of KT, Griffin and Taylor. Use Morris or even Torres for the occasional small forward who is just too fast for KT.

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Yes, I do. I love KT and his moves around the post, but he misses way too many lay ups. That has to do with the fact that he's undersized for a PF. Taylor would only give us a few more options.

3. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Member

Miss him very much.....& I'm just a fan:(

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

me, me.

His jumper is sorely missed, esp with the misses of Rice and Walt right now.

5. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I think he sucks and I miss him about as much as I miss puberty.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Obviously you didn't watch the Rockets if you're talking about someone being closer to the goal in taylor. Kenny gets much closer and plays a lot harder. If you watched Taylor last yr against Duncan, you would have know that he was in foul trouble and got 13pts 7 rebs which was his avg. I actually thought Kenny played good they just waited too late to play.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

leebigez, I agree Kenny gets layups much more often. What I'm missing is the high percentage 12-15 foot jumper, which even thought they're vastly different players, both Taylor and Dream gave us. Maybe what we are missing is that both did this.

I like Kennya lot , that is why I want to try him at small forward. Who knows how it will all work out? Maybe Taylor will just be used for instant offense as the fans of Langhi fantasize about. I'm still optimistic that Kenny will get his jumper down. Funny thing is despite the hundreds of lazy\fat posts about him a couple of years ago, KT seems to be very serious about working on his game.

8. Live

Live Member

Actually, I do. With his solid J off the pick-and-fade, Mo helped give the offense structure. He's also a legitimate finisher and decent low post player.

KT has played his heart out, but he's still a mediocre shooter.

And Eddie, as much as I love his potential, is a baseline player plain and simple, which is why it's peculiar to see Eddie jacking up 3s instead of playing to his strengths (his turnaround, jump hook, rebounding). He just isn't consistent enough right now to be on the perimeter, nevermind the 3pt line.

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Mo is missed greatly. One of his strong suits was the quick start he would get off to, and that is what this team needs right now. Mo also has the ability to score away from the basket, and drag guys like Duncan out of the post, something we need BADLY!