1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "Random Rocket Trade Proposals" Thread - 2007 Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2007.

1. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Bima, throw in the rights to Landry to Charlotte OR Brooks instead of JL3, and our 1st to Chi and then I think it would be fair. But Thabo is worth the most in that deal, and May next. Rafer and JL3 alone should grap neither.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't want to lose Brooks, but aside from that, it's an intriguing trade idea.

3. Dei

Dei Member

You idiot. He probably read all the posts before I called you an idiot and saw why I did.

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I'd gladly give up a first rounder in that deal. Perhaps I should have included that previously. I think Charlotte would value a player like Rafer more than you think. He's a better defender than Brevin Knight (who got tons of steals but would get abused by bigger guards). He's also a three-point threat, whereas Brevin was never much of a shooter for the Bobcats. Again, I think the team may see Dudley as a possible replacement for May anyway. Still, it's not like I actually think this trade will happen.

5. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I'm prepared to get flame. :cool:

Rox receive: Marion
    Suns receive: Battier, alston, sura and butler.

We let go of some bodies, and we get more than ample substitution for battier.
    Rox can now play the run and gun with Brooks, SF, Tmac, Marion and Scola. While yao is resting.

Suns got cap relief, battier to replace marion, a young big man which they lacked and another PG.

or

Rox receive: okafor, harington
    Bobcats receive: scola, bonzi and rafer.

Rox get a future all star, a big 6"10 PF that can block shots and rebounds.

Bobcats get a primary backup for felton, a hardnose defender and backup for both richardson and wallace, and the best paint player that is not playing in the NBA.

As i say, i'm ready to get flame. :D

6. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

My opinion on the first trade proposal: I would consider Battier, Alston, JL III and Sura for Marion, I'd rather keep Butler.

The second trade proposal: euhmmmm ... no thanks! Okafor is great, but Scola is better! :cool:

7. yaominn

yaominn Member

alston for j howard?

alston for j howard?

that would be really funny.

8. allforone

allforone Member

Josh ? Juwan? well , both are funny

9. zilches

zilches Member

'bout as funny as the Cold War, Nagasaki and Hiroshima, the Holocaust and the Third Reich, the Bush/Clinton dynasty, and the Taliban...all combined :eek:

10. onethreeeleven

Is John Weisbrod running the Timberwolves?

11. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

No, I think he's running the Rockets.

12. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

we need more trade threads by people with houston rocket player names please

13. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Not funny, nor accurate, maybe had you said the Astros or Texans, you might have garnished a giggle, but the Rox have probably had their best off-season since Ralph and Rodney or Olajuwon or possibly ever, so your post makes absolutely no sense. :confused:

14. SmitingPurpleEm

Damn, then we'd be trading Alston for James, completely undoing the trade with Toronto. How ironic would that be.

15. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

No way in hell Dallas parts with Josh Howard for Rafer Alston.

Come up with something more sensible please? Like Battier, Alston, Snyder, Novak, JLIII and Sura for Kobe Bryant. :D

16. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I don't see either the Dallas Mavericks or the Minnesota Timberwolves trading their respective Howards for Rafer Alston. If I'm a GM, I wouldn't trade for Rafer one-for-one, but maybe be willing to take him as part of a package of players for one player that I'm trading away.

For those of you who would like to see Rafer Alston traded away, you better be happy you get either a second round draft pick for him or Michael Doleac.

17. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Rafer has more trade value than Juwan. Plus, I don't think Juwan can be traded back to the Rockets for a year.

Rafer for Donyell or SAR, both kinda Juwan-like vet forwards, is not that far fetched.

18. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

It really would. :D

19. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

One consideration in the Juwan trade was the fact that, for the next two years at least, we'd be saving around two mill per year. The Twolves did it because they were saving more money overall as James' contract lasted an extra year--I don't think Juwan was intended to have any more of a role did there than James did last year anyhow.

So for us to trade Rafer for someone(s) who won't sniff the rotation, I'm thinking that we'd have to be saving money for this year if not longer. And right now, if I were Morey I'd be looking to open cap space rather than find another serviceable piece to an already cluttered roster. There were plenty of minutes at PG and PF opening the offseason: there aren't anymore. Scola appears to be the answer in one position, and we'll just have to wait and see on the other.