1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

San Antonio freeway system

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drewdog, Aug 11, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Its a complete mess and its really freakin' confusing to try and get around here.... People drive 50 miles an hour, and good luck trying to interpret the signage and all the arrows. I missed my exit like 4 freaking times!!! :mad:

The lanes are narrow, and the exits are sharp and abrupt.... yikes!!! Feel sorry for anyone who has to live here.

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I was out there a few weeks ago for a week with the family. It wasn't that bad...Some of the signs were a little confusing, but not so bad. Then again, I was using a nav system...

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Worst part about driving in SA...all SA residents believe Yield signs are Stop signs no matter the situation. There could be no one coming for miles and they will hit the breaks. When I went to UTSA, it took me a while to get used to that. I rear ended a few people because I knew no one was coming but the person stopped anyway.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

oxymoron.

5. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

If you live in Houston, then SA should be freakin easy.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i told you that place sux! its not just the crappy location of the stadium too.

7. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

I was there last week for America's Team training camp and I didn't have a problem. Were you drinking and driving?

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

worst drivers in the state.

i live in austin and imo s.a. is much worse for traffic, congestion and bad drivers.

9. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I did not notice any stip bars there...weird!

10. JJ

JJ Member

I'm tired of listening to this complaint about drivers here. I know alot of people from houston and this is the thing I always hear, as if for some reason Houston drivers are gods gift to the freeway.

Driving in SA sure beats sitting in H-town traffic for hours on end. Not sure how you people stay sane in those traffic jams.

11. JJ

JJ Member

It is easy to get around here. Only 3 major interstates, and 2 loops!!! What is so hard about that?

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Yet you didn't say it wasn't true.

You people stop at Yield signs no matter what. It's r****ded. Have you ever heard of using mirrors or looking over your shoulder before the ramp to see if someone is exiting? You don't have to come to a complete stop before doing this.

BTW, I live in Austin and have no problems with the traffic here (except for the random traffic on 35 around 6th street on Sunday afternoons. What's up with that?). I think it's funny when people complain about it as compared to the other major cities.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Longhorn Cafe in SA might have the best burgers in the world.

14. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

The interchange at 410 and San Pedro, ugh. I hate driving in San Antonio. Especially the north end of 410 near the airport and Castle Hills. The lanes are extremely narrow.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah, I hate it too, really confusing

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Unfortunately, that part of 410 is the vicinity I drive when in San Antonio on business.

From my experience, Austin has the most heartbreaking traffic in the state. Houston is next (I live outside Houston). For such a rinky dink zero of a town, San Antonio's traffic shouldn't be nearly as bad as it is. I HATE going there and feel sorry for people stuck living there. Last week I was in Dallas and a couple of their radio guys who covered the Cowboys training camp had a few choice words about San Antonio. This is one thing I can agree with Dallas-ites on.

The ONE thing I like about San Antonio is Fiesta Texas. Took an annual day trip up there two weeks ago with a friend and our kids. No reason to spend the night, though.

17. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

people from san antonio can't drive worth **** and their freeways suck ballz

18. Enron

Enron Member

I remember in driver's ed I didn't know what a yield sign was so I would just slow down a little bit when I saw them and it turned out I was pretty much right lol

19. Jodegam

Jodegam Member

Just moved to SA from Houston...and while the drivers are a little more polite, the can't drive worth a crap. Too timid. I'd rather be cut off than sit there actually trying to let a person in but them being too scared to do it goign 60 miles an hour.

Geez, drivers were more aggressive in College Station than this.

20. codell

codell Contributing Member

S.A. has the worst tailgaters I've ever seen.