1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disposing of old computers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Behad, Aug 11, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Anybody know of a place I can sell old computers? I'm not talking about making any real money, but maybe someplace that pays $15-$20 for a crap load of stuff I have collected over the years. I hate to just throw that stuff away.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Is eBay not an option?

3. ling ling

ling ling Member

craigslist.org. It's a free classified

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most of the professional services actually get paid to haul the stuff away, because there are a number of components that are not safe to dispose of through the normal trash.

5. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

When I lived/worked in Houston, I had a guy who did all my computer recycling. He'll come by and pick everything up from you. He won't pay you, but it's much more environmentally friendly than just throwing this stuff away. Here's his contact info. I am pretty sure it's still current/good:

David Rogers
    7979 N. Eldridge Pkwy #3025
    Houston, TX 77041
    832-704-2454

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Goodwill and take the tax write-off.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I keep my old computers. How old is it and what are the specs? A suggestion: Load Kubuntu/Xubuntu on it and give it to someone as a gift (like a starter computer) to surf the internet. You can also keep it, use a KVM switch and have 2 PC's with one keyboard/mouse/monitor.

Just an "outside the box" idea.

8. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

...or Salvation Army. They also give you a receipt that you can use for your taxes. I just donated 3 printers today.

9. Enron

Enron Member

got any decent working PSU's or socket 478 motherboards?

10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Make sure to pull out the hard drives on any old PCs you get rid of and destroy or keep them.