1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sighting] Aaron Brooks by poster on other forum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brantonli24, Aug 10, 2007.

1. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Guys, I DID NOT see Aaron Brooks, I live in Hong Kong so that's a bit difficult, but I read on another forum (insidehoops) that one guy there met Aaron Brooks, and here's what he had to say:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52395

No pics, but this description of their coversation really sounds like a mini-interview.

2. Fighting-SF3

Fighting-SF3 Member

Aaron Brooks,a mini AI,maybe he can break rival's lineup by his speed,mentality.Totally said,I think he is a promising guys.

3. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

I hope that interview isn't true. If it is he comes off as pretty cocky...I'm sure Steve nor Mike James would be too happy with the "he sees no real point guards on the team other than himself" comment. In my opinion, as it stands right now, he's 4th out of 4 on the depth chart at point, regardless of what he thinks.

4. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

sorry...not interview...I mean I hope those comments aren't true

5. ham

ham Member

He may have meant that Francis and James are more of combo guards, and that he thinks they'll play a lot at SG. Still, he could probably be more tactful when talking about Rafer. On the other hand, it's good to see that he has confidence, which seems to have served him well so far.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"he said that other than Rafer who will be traded soon, he sees no real point guards on the team other than himself"

He's right. Sounds like an intelligent guy.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Rafer asked to be traded so its no secret we are going to eventually trade him.

8. WNBA

WNBA Member

"How to identify a smart PG. Here is a clue. Face figure: A smart person is not usually look ugly. You may find many good looking PG in NBA, such as MJ, Kobe, Andre Miller, Parker, even AI . If a PG has a small front head , it is not a smart sign."

nice signature. Alston fits the small front head rule.

9. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

This sounds consistent with what I have read and heard concerning his attitude. I like it. I am ready to see what he does against some great competition, and look for his learning curve to be climbing high at a very fast pace.

A mini- AI may be the right comparison before it is all said an done.