1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors, Marc Jackson ????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by E.J. Tucker, Nov 10, 2001.

1. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

I guess it is clear why the Warriors wanted to keep Marc Jackson, they needed a 11th man off the bench. In 6 games he has appeared in 4 with an average of 6 minutes, 2.8 pts, 1.5 rebounds. Is it possible that they dislike him,or the rocks, bad enough to pay that salary and use a roster spot just to get to him, or us? Doesn't the trade dead line pass before they could trade him this year? If not maybe they want him to be so mad he will sign to go anywhere.

2. sweetpea

sweetpea Member

Well, as bad as I wanted him with the Rox, he is old tea with nothing to do with the Rox. That's his problem and the Rox can't solve it, so he is on his own. ;)

3. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

MJ won't get playing time. He is behind even Troy Murphy now

4. edc

edc Contributing Member

Oh, he will get PT....just wait for the trading deadline :)

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Guys... MJ is NOT going to help the Warriors... He has made that WOEFULLY clear...

They don't dare play him... He might start scoring for the other team...

;)

6. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Member

DAHM THE LUCK.......big signing for little time :rolleyes:

7. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Should be a written rule if your gonna hold a player hostage on a team he don't wanna play on their should be some sort of rule stating they should play him or deal him asap.
    Warriors did MJ wrong. I wonder if its possible for Mj to retire and then unretire within a length of time and able to sign with another team of his choice.
    Just a thought:rolleyes:

8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I saw Jackson play against the Wizards a couple of nights ago. He came in at the end of the fourth quarter with the Warriors already having the game wrapped up. It looked to me like he was trying hard to get rebounds and stuff, but then later he got an offensive foul called on him. He just walked back down the court with his head down. I felt sorry for him, he definitely looked like one sad puppy. Of course its hard to feel too sorry for him, what with the 24 million dollar contract and all. But still, that's gotta suck. I think the NBA needs to looking at changing that absurd rule. Players should not be held hostage like this. Marc Jackson's career is probably ruined.

9. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

It seems to me that GS is continuing to show that their coach & front office has no class in this particular situation. They made such a big deal about not losing an asset (cold & impersonable), but dragged out the process of bringing him back into the fold. Then, when they get him back, they play him 2-4 minutes a game or not at all.

They're winning & don't really need his contribution right now. But if their intent is to trade him, it would seem to me that they should be showcasing him a little more to drive the price up. The reason he didn't get a lot of attention during the off season was because of 2 things, 1)They didn't know whether or not GS was going to match the offer & 2)They weren't willing to commit long term money to a player that might be a one year wonder. The uncertainty of whether or not he can do it again year in & year out is still there, so that's why I'm surprised that GS isn't playing him more minutes. They've had several games where all of their other big men were in heavy foul trouble or fouled out & Jackson could've easily played significant minutes, but instead they didn't play him at all. Go figure.

However, if they have a trade already in place with another team & are just waiting until the trade moratorium is up, then it all makes sense. They're using psychological warfare on him. They're trying to beat him down, so that he'll accept almost any deal they come to him with, just to get out of there.

While I doubt that MJax will ever play for the Rockets & that what is going on has no bearing on our team, I'd still get a thrill if GS does have a deal in place already & the league finds out about it. :D