1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Obama - Send Troops to Pakistan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Rulow00

Rulow00 Member

no way this guy will be president.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If we do extricate ourselves from iraq, perhaps we should go in there and maybe find Osama.

3. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

gosh, obama is clueless. there is no way pakistan will allow US troops in. china is their #1 ally, and sure as hell won't allow that to happen. besides, pakistan actually combat terrorist unlike some other US allies. if you want chaos in pakistan and afghanistan, then go ahead and send troops there.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I agree
    Until we get out of Iraq. . . . going anywhere else will be extremely harsh
    esp when we not doing so hot in recruiting new troops

Obama may have a good idea
    but
    the #1 thing he has to realize is . . any New President will have spend 2 yrs of his/her administration cleaning up the cluster f**k that this Current administration has made

Rocket River

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How long did it take Ford to clean up Vietnam? Just get the troops home...YESTERDAY !

DD

6. deepblue

deepblue Member

The standard answer for everything seems "well, Bush screwed up Iraq". Damn, Obama is not running against Bush.

And invading Pakistan is just plain stupid. Just because you have information that terrorist is in there doesn't mean you can just walk in. Obama scares me if he is that dumb. (God I hope he is not)

7. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Good god, he's not advocating invading Pakistan. He's advocating deploying special forces in northern Pakistan to hunt Al Qaeda. It's not even a novel idea. We were not *wink* *wink* deploying special forces in Pakistan after 9/11.

We've done it before and we pulled out because Musharaaf promised that he would send in his own troops to do the job. Well he stopped doing that so Obama is just advocating a redeployment.

There is absolutely nothing novel or unique about this speech. This is just the media trumping up an idea that really isn't so special.

8. updawg

updawg Member

I hope this is just campaign talk on his part, otherwise he might be a bigger moron than bush and co.
    Invading Pakistan large scale would be a very bad idea. Covert maybe and is probably going on.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You don't invade Pakistan, per se, but you send in hit squads to take out Osama and company.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

bahaha, irony..

11. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

I don't know, maybe I don't get something, but calling out Musharraf seems a weird to me. Dude is holding together an extremely fragile situation right now - essentially maintaining a country whose population is very hostile to us, while maintaining the US as an ally, by a thread. If given a choice democratic election, my impression is that a "attack the american infidels" candidate might pull some decent poll numbers in Pakistan. And, oh yeah, they have the bomb...I dont know if my man pervez is really someone we need to be talking trash to. It's that old thing - bringing democracy to a population <i>that would vote to kill us</I> is always sort of a bummer. My understanding is that Musharraf is kind of smoke-and-mirrors-ing Pakistan as our ally. Anyone want to see them turn? I sure dont. I am not sure I'd be getting into a pissing contest right about now.

I am no expert, but it seems odd.

#31 CBrownFanClub, Aug 1, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  12. deepblue

deepblue Member

That because we had a wink wink agreement with Musharraf, now if the agreement is no longer there, then sending troops into Pakistan would in fact be invading.

13. deepblue

deepblue Member

I am guessing if GW had called out Musharraf the same way, the Obama followers would be trashing him all over for making irresponsible comments towards an important ally.

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

BOO!!!

[​IMG]

TJ I realize you have a serious case of blackaphobia but could you at least try and contain it in public?

nah.....

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That might be true. But it is also apparent that Bush isn't competent enough to handle that kind of action.

With Obama people have confidence that he will look at relevant facts, not make up his mind ahead of time, and ignore anything that gets in the way of what he wants reality to be.

The problem is that Pakistan is ruled by a harsh dictator. He isn't a terrorist, but he does allow the leadership of terrorist groups that planned 9/11 to operate within his borders. Allowing that to happen was grounds to invade AFghanistan.

I believe that many of the people who are calling this Obama wanting to invade Pakistan approved of the idea of going of going into Afghanistan after the leadership that planned 9/11. Why are they getting cold feet now?

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. thats how the game is played

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

someone's slip is showing again

18. cson

cson Contributing Member

I do, I forgive them. :)

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the pakistani government cut a deal w/ al-qaeda to allow them to operate in the northwestern tribal areas. how is that combatting terrorism?

didnt bush say you are either with us or you are with the terrorists?

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Wow. You might want to re-read what you just wrote. :)