1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[clutchcity] The reason we exist

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 31, 2007.

1. onethreeeleven

If enriching someone's life with Rockets history means starting these ridiculous threads every time someone offends you about something, I think lots of other people will agree with me -- unneccessary.

2. naiveking

naiveking Member

Are you trying to say Chinese (cultural or ethnical)=Apes?
    OR I'm not sure the reason for you to mention this movie here.

Clutchcity is for EVERY ROCKETS FAN....

3. naiveking

naiveking Member

Or a US Spy caught in Russia??
    I'm a Taiwanese...and I felt insulted while I read your post.

4. ACL1

ACL1 Member

Speaking of old history,
    whatever happened to POPEYE and the Rocketgirl?
    i used to enjoy their insights :) :D

5. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Whatever happened to Doc? Is he still in? Haven't seen one of his post in ages. You have no idea how many peeps are just "members" and not posters. I have been reading the inside scoop here since the good ol' days. Its great just to have a place to read up and share with people that passion that we all have. Thanks to Clutch and the guys that make this site go round !!

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What's this lying around ****?

What should we do, moron?

War's over. Wormer dropped the big one.

What? "Over"?

Did you say "over"?

Nothing's over until we decide it is!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell, no!

Germans?
    Forget it, he's rolling.

And it ain't over now.

'Cause when the going gets tough...

(Patriotic instrumental music)

the tough get going! Who's with me?

Let's go! Come on!

(Bluto screaming)

(Tense instrumental music)

Here's to you and fighting the good fight Tinman, our Clutchfans Bluto!

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

planet of the apes is a classic movie, where society is destroyed by itself. did i say that? go rent it. its worth it. not the marky mark version. the heston version.

ape shall not kill ape is the famous saying in the movie. the apes vowed never to destroy each other like the humans did to their own society. man i'm schooling people every day on important topics.

#67 tinman, Jul 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

are you a taiwanese spy? then u shouldn't be insulted.
    its just a metaphor.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

but its necessary that you posts a billion times on my thread. thanks, we'll make it the most read thread evar!

10. Pringles

Pringles Member

There is only 1 poster who I think should be banned, and its yao_only_fan2007 or something like that. He said if yao doesn't average 20+ he'll be disapointed, even if rockets win. He also admitted, if yao got traded to lakers or someother team,. he wouldn't be a rockets fan anymore. That aint right, this is not yao forum, its a houston rockets forum. If you want to go to a yao forum, go to this link

YaoMania

11. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

he just never stopped releasing what he wrote.

12. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I love clutch as much as one man can love another man without getting the pooper violated.

But someone made a comment that was hyperbolic in nature and u go ape ****.

There are going to be rocket fans that don't know the history of the Rockets as well as you Tinman. There will be fans that know more than you. You can't force feed it down everyone's throats.

I think by starting this thread your adding to the polarization of the board and its making the GARM a harder forum to view. You're becoming part of the problem.

The comment about Taiwanese spy, is a pretty classless analogy.

13. pacman

pacman Member

Its funny that you understand metaphors very well but you don't understand hyperbole. A person tries to get his point across by making overstatements. " this site wouldn't exist without you" is another way of saying " a million thanks". Obviously when someone uses this figure of speech it is not to be taken literally.

If we say to clutch " this site wouldn't exist without you" that is no longer a figure of speech that is a statement that should be taken literally.

Last time we checked, this was a rockets' fan site and not a Larry Smith fan site. If people do not share your enthusiasm for Larry Smith that doesn't really make them lesser Rockets fans than you... your statements make it appear that it is blasphemous to criticize Larry Smith and not sharing enthusiasm about his shabby treatment of Yao Ming.

What is your personal opinion about Larry Smith heaping foul language on Yao Ming during timeouts in his rookie year?

Granting that Rocket fans should not hate on other Rockets , is Larry Smith ( a relative scrub compared to Yao Ming) justified in heaping foul language on yao?

I personally don't care about Larry Smith and apparently neither does Yao judging from his interview.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

awesome point. when users on this board don't care about the team, and just particular parts, it strays away from its original intent of our founder. its a site for rocket fans.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The team always comes first.....ALWAYS !!

DOWN WITH JVG !!!

What? Oh, wait, ummmm wrong thread.

16. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

AMEN!! Preach on tinman.

17. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I think people are being a bit dramatic. You'd think Larry Smith was a god or something from the reaction this thing all provoked.

Anyway, if you hate Larry Smith because he didn't play Yao, well, so what? People hate Steve Francis and are still Rocket's fans.

I mean, like I said, there's only one Rocket who's truly untouchable, and his name is not Larry Smith.

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

When are we going to see Clutch? I would like to know him and Jeff by sight! :p

19. Fuse

Fuse Member

The personal vendetta some of you have against Pryuen is absolutely ridiculous. I think I have commented on the very same issue months ago. Part of the fun in being a fan is debating about rumors regardless of them being factual or not. If everything posted was based purely on facts, then the entertainment value would obviously suffer since there is very little that actually happens.

It's fine if you question the validity of the reports coming from the Chinese media, but for some of you to extend that into personal insults against Pryuen is just classless... absolutely classless... Totally uncessary and worthless in the spirit of this forum.

I am also a fan of history, but history in itself does not give immunity to Larry Smith for mishandling the situation with Yao. Some of the fans started following the rockets due to Yao, so they obviously have very different memories of the club, hence contrasting opinions of Smith.
    Their opinions should also be respected.

To me, your posts has exuded an elitist attitude in regards to being a fan. As a fan base grows, you will inevitably have different fans joining in at different times. Older fans should embrace, not dismiss those that are supposedly "lesser" fans.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

you'll be surprised that people won't answer that question correctly on this board now.

you'll be surprised that many don't know what clutchcity means. start that thread new yorker, ask them who's the one untouchable Rocket.