1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict The Rox Scoring Load.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dreamshake, Jul 27, 2007.

1. htownzplaya03

htownzplaya03 Member

if francis only scores 8 ppg, then why tha hell did we get him. he will score probely 15 ppg

2. zforrest

zforrest Member

However the scoring load spreads out, I want to see McGrady and Yao average at least 20 ppg, and see five other players average at least 10 ppg (I guess Francis, James, Scola, Wells, and... Battier? lol)

3. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Head and Battier should kick azz!!

4. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Your 15 ppg only cost half the MLE, pretty high standards for someone who is regarded by almost everyone but the Rockets and Clippers as a fading star. I think Steve will have a great year for the Rockets but he doesnt have to score 15 or 20 to do that. I'd be thrilled if he did, in fact I pray that he IS the stevie i used to watch play. If he doesn't get 15, I won't fault him. If he doesn't alleviate double teams from Tracy and Yao, If he doesn't create opportunities by his famous driving abilities for himself and others, and MOST of all if he doesn't help us win; then I will be dissappointed.

But at worst, he is a "last year bonzi" and while bonzi enfuriated us, he didnt waste much of our playing time or money. The beauty of both sf3 and bonzi, is the low-risk but high payout potential.

Yao: 25.0
    Tracy: 29.6
    Shane: 12.0
    Stevie: 10.8
    Bonzi: 11.0
    Scola: 9.8
    Brooks: 7.3
    James: 8.3
    Luther: 6.6
    Hayes: 4.4

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

im thinking either james, francis, or bonzi should be averaging at least 15 pts per game.. and the other two guys at least 10 pts per game..

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I'll do another projection. this time i'll include head and rafer because it seems there gonna be staying.
    Tracy:23 , 7 boards 7 assists
    Yao:21 , 10 boards, 2 blocks
    Scola:11, 7 boards 3 assists
    Francis:10, 5 assists 4 boards
    James:10 , 3 assists 1 steal
    Rafe:10, 7 assists 1 steal(will start)
    Bonzi: 9, 6 boards 1 block
    Head:7, 3 assists 1 board
    Hayes :3, 7 boards 1 steal
    Butler 2, 3 boards 1 block
    Moutombo:2 , 5 boards 1 block

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Battier:8 , 6 boards 4 assists. he's minutes will shrink to allow bonzi more

8. AXG

AXG Member

You have Brooks averaging 7.3 PPG, more like 7.3 MPG. I also don't think Battier will average more than Stevie, and TMac almost 30? I'd say more like the low to mid-20s.

9. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

woah t-mac 30 and brooks 7 hey i hope so but i doubt it..i really see brooks scroing maybe 4 and t-mac around 24 or 25...hopefully we add haslem to this lineup later on

10. pillage

pillage Member

Adelman himself has said he's going to get Yao more looks in the high post and I think that's a good idea. This has been discussed numerous times but here are some of the highlights as to why it is a good idea.

a) Yao is a much better passed than people give him credit for.
    b) Gives Yao a lot more moves and looks so defenders won't know what to expect (Utah series).
    c) Saves Yao from the constant banging he takes in the low post, lowering his likelihood for injury and extending his career.
    d) Doesn't clog up the lane allowing for more offensive boards.
    e) Higher assist numbers (from a).

The negatives are

a) Yao will have a lower fg%, still pretty darn good because of his excellent shot.
    b) His scoring may go down some.

Adelman said this himself and I think its a good decision to make. Obviously taking one of the best low players in the game away from that position for any extended period of time isn't smart, but he's got the capability to be a v. good high post player as well. We should embrace Yao's skills not shackle them like JVG did. Okur shutting Yao down is disgraceful and that's on JVG. (IMO).

Tracy had never been on a good team until last year, and he was not the reason we lost the playoffs (JVG's terrible coaching and a roster that relied on two superstars and streaky role players who didn't come through).

T-Mac is going to go off with Adelman as his coach. Bank on it. I need to figure out how to make a sig.

11. pillage

pillage Member

FNostra-pillagus has so decreed. So it shall be.

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Anyone could see our offense under gundy revolved around yao. tracy was the 2nd option on most occasions. the offense allways started with the ball being pounded into yao.

Under Adelman it will be a more balanced scoring team. i think we'll see a more balanced team now. i can see yao and tracy both having lower avges(low twenty's). with guys like francis , james and scola filling the gap.

13. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

JVG planted Yao at low post, permanently. every play goes through Yao and Yao got as many shots as he could handle. we see how that turned out. Yao's no Dream or Shaq. He just can't dominate all the time. that's why people were calling for JVG's head for being too stubborn to bring Yao out to the high post when he's not effective at the low post. that's why we got RA now and he's going play Yao at the high post more utilising his passing skills. That means Yao will probably shoot less (shooting contested Js from high post isn't high % anyway)but his assist will go up.

14. Jd1

Jd1 Member

so the 3 PGs contribute 30 points, 15 assists? that's better than Steve Nash per 48 mins. :rolleyes:

15. Jd1

Jd1 Member

I'd really like to see how it really go next season and compare to all the predictions in this thread.

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Francis and james are combo guards. you think francis, james and alston will all play the PG all the time?. think before you speak. :rolleyes:

17. Jd1

Jd1 Member

of course they r not gonna play PG all the time, but 30pts and 15 assists? you do know last season the whole team got 20.8 assist a game right? What I was trying to say is, other "PGs" probably won't see the floor if all 3 of them are putting up the kind of numbers as u predicted.

18. Jd1

Jd1 Member

mistyped, the other SGs.

19. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Whos the other SG's? besides Tracy, francis wont have another competion for SG minutes. say tracy plays 34 minutes, that'll give Francis 14 minutes at the SG.

Also when alston is sitting and james is on the floor he and francis can switch positions.

as i see it

Rafer 20 minutes, James 20 minutes that leaves a extra 8 minutes which i think we'll go to francis.

Tracy 34 minutes. it leaves 14 minutes for francis. so add the 8 minutes from the PG position and the 14 from the SG, it'll add to 22 minutes.
    so in summary i believe in those amount of minutes, those 3 combined can get close to those numbers. this system that we will run allows for alot more assits.hence they numbers will go up.

BTW, i apolegize if i sounded rude dude.

20. SmitingPurpleEm

No, JVG did not plant Yao in the low post. He was up top setting screens quite often and then diving into the low post. No, not every play ran through Yao, I don't call the McGrady pick-and-rolls, isos, and having McGrady curl/flare off a screen plays running the offense through Yao.

I must concede that Yao is not as dominant as Dream or Shaq. Perhaps he can approach that level with some rest this summer. However, people were not calling for JVG's head because he wouldn't have Yao play in the high post; people called for JVG's head because he lost game 7. If he won game 7, he would still be here. If JVG had Yao play at the high post, he would not even be mentioned as approaching a dominant player; he very well could have ended up like Smits, Divac, or B. Miller. JVG's design for Yao was the correct one.

If Yao came into the league and say Nellie were his coach, then he wouldn't be much better than Raef Lafrentz right now. I am very glad JVG became his coach. Hopefully Adelman doesn't coach like Nellie.