1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Dynamo vs Club America - 07/25/07 9:00 PM

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, Jul 23, 2007.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

http://www.superliga2007.com/

There's a link in the scoreboard section.

2. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Thanks! Pretty good action towards the end of the 1st half.

3. dream34shake

dream34shake Rookie

Yesss, it's a final!! 1-0, go Dynamo!!!

4. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I went to my first game tonight, and it was even better than I expected. It put most Rockets games to shame. Good crowd (over 18,000), great atmosphere, and a more than surprised contingent of America fans. Not only was their cheering more or less drowned out, they were also more than outnumbered. I'd put it at 65-35% Dynamo, maybe even better. It was an obvious discrepancy, which is something you can almost never say in US-Mexico encounters. While watching the telefutura broadcast after getting back, it was entertaining listening to the commentators bewildered by the Dynamo support in the face of one of Mexico's most popular teams. So surprised were they by it, that they brought it up probably 8-10 times, throwing it to the sideline reporter multiple times to help explain, with all involved impressed by the large hispanic support the team appeared to receive.

I'm definitely going to attend their next two games in this competition.

I became a soccer fan for 3 reasons-

1. I hate TV timeouts with a passion. I repeat, I f*cking hate them. They genuinely affect my enjoyment of basketball games, and the NFL takes it to an entirely different level, which is why I can't watch that league anymore. College-level for both sports, I can tolerate.

2. The idea of games finishing 0-0/drawing is held up by anti-soccer people as epitomizing the inherently boring nature of the sport. However, I love it, because barring a 3+ goal lead, it typically ensures a sustained tension throughout the match, something severely lacking in a large percentage of games in mainstream sports.

3. The length/time- I hate being force-fed the Mickey Mouse, bulls*t entertainment at Rockets games, and it only serves to distort the length of the games in my mind. Two and a half hours for a 48 minute game? How does that happen? And again, football takes it to a whole another level in that regard.

#24 tacoma park legend, Jul 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I missed the game last night....awesome that we won!

GO DYNAMO!

6. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

NAAAAAAAAAAAATE

JAAAAAAAAAAQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GOLAAAAAAZO GOLAAAAAAAAAZO GOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I like Jonathan Jaqua like Kam likes High School Musical.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

"oooOOoOOooleeee!!!! ooOooleee!!! Oooooooollleeee!!!" :D

First time EVER I hear the Mexican "ole" that at Roberson Stadium even for the Dynamo. SWEET. I loved seeing my team lose to my other team. :p

I missed the entire first half and a little of the second half, but nonetheless, it was total Dynamo Domination. I thought the ref saved the America keeper... once you're out of the box, you're not as protected by the refs... bad choice by the goalie... DeRosario should have had that easily.

EDIT: If you missed the gol... like I did... click to play... it used to AutoStart
    <object id="MediaPlayer" type="application/x-oleobject" height="240" width="320" classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95">
    <param value="mms://a1503.v115042.c11504.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/11504/v0001/mlbmls.download.akamai.com/11504/2007/superliga/072507_superliga_amehou_gp_350.wmv" name="FileName" />
    <param value="0" name="AutoStart" />
    <param value="1" name="showcontrols" /></object>

#27 SwoLy-D, Jul 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  8. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

Once again Holden gets it done. Excellent cross that Jaqua could not help but put away. Ching had a couple of chances that he did not convert, though, after he was entered the game in the 2nd half.

Solid win for the Dynamo.

9. Rockets10

Rockets10 Contributing Member

fantastic game with a great crowd in attendance. Good to see both sides take it so seriously, as clearly both were. On the Dynamo front, Holden just continues to shine in Davis' absence - what a kid.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Holden has to be working himself into National team contention. I'm not sure of his age, but he should be at least in for the Olympics next year. He has been one of the major reasons this team has going on this tear.

11. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

He is in national team contention . . . .but which national team?