1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Similarity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Jul 21, 2007.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

Just for fun I decided to compare the team we have now with Adelman's last year with the Kings (2003-04).

Bibby------------> Francis
    Christie----------> Battier
    Peja-------------> TMac
    C Webb----------> Scola
    Miller------------> Yao

Kings Bench Rockets Bench

Vlade James
    Jackson Wells
    Peeler Brooks
    Darius Songaila Chuck Hayes
    Tony Massenburg Dikembe Mutombo
    Gerald Wallace Luther Head
    Jabari Smith Kirk Snyder
    Rodney Buford Rafer Alston
    Jackie Butler
    Justin Reed
    Carl Landry

I didn't include John Lucas because he will be traded. Also, our roster isn't completely set yet. How do you think our roster ranks up there with this team? I think our roster is the same level of talent, but we still need some work with our power forward slot. Other than that, it's pretty exciting to see the kind of potential we have to this point.

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Wow, after seeing that I feel like this Rockets team is A WHOLE lot better than that old Sac team.. or at least we have the potential to be better. We have Francis, and Bobby Jackson lite in MJ. And Bobby Jackson lite's lite in Brooks.

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Peja is NO Tmac. thats almost funny

4. jethro5401

jethro5401 Member

A better comparison to Peeler would be Luther Head IMO.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Outr team does look better, at least the starting lineup does. hopefully they will have as much chemistry as that team did. And btw, Vlade was the starter, and Miller cam off the bench.

6. hanlong

hanlong Member

you guys got it all wrong, webber was injured most of the time and miller/divac started.

7. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

our team is better, but the rest of the NBA is better than they were 4 years ago as well

8. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

However, the Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns are not the Lakers of the three-peat either. So that leaves the Spurs and they have yet to repeat as champs. So I'm liking the chances of the Rockets running deep into the playoffs and winning it all.

9. abundance

abundance Member

Those players are nothing like our players. The closest match is Battier and Christie. Every other Houston player has skillsets that aren't a match with their King's counterpart.

10. tsunami

tsunami Member

Bibby > Francis
    Christie = Battier
    Peja < TMac
    C Webb > Scola
    Miller < Yao

11. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

you mean

12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

No way... the Kings team that made the Western Conference finals could probably destroy any team in the NBA right now.. I think people forget how good that team was. A phenomenal offensive juggernaut and I believe the 1st or 2nd best defensive team in the league.

And as for the NBA being better. Yeah the West got better. But somehow the East has managed to actually get worse. (and it was terrible then too)

13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I only see francis as the the first guy off the bench, just like bobby jackon. Mike james will probably start because he gives us another 3 point shooter to space the floor with Yao and Tmac. Battier is probably your Doug Christie, Yao as cweb and vlade together, Mike james as bibby. since they can both penetrate and hit the 3 ball, Bonzi as Turkeyglue. Am I missing any major pieces?

14. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

kings didn't make the wcf in 03-04 season? the kings that made the wcf had pre-injury C Webb who's in his prime and clearly better than Yao we have now let alone Scola.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i agree except i think webber will probably end up being a lot better then scola. and francis will end up (if he has a good year) being pretty equal to bibby.

16. seanluu

seanluu Member

how do you even have mike james next to vlade that makes no sense..wack

17. Leaf

Leaf Member

my conclusion is 3P shooting vs 2P Jump shots
    considering Yao,T-mac & Steve 's way of scoring

18. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

How can you forget Hedo?

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i don't think y'all remember how good mike bibby was. that guy was MAAAAAD clutch and shot 3s at a tremendous efficiency.

francis is nowhere NEAR the shooter bibby was. and bibby was their go-to player down the stretch, not webber/peja.

i just hope francis has improved his shot ever since he stopped being a star.

if he can make the open J, his still-good ability to penetrate will make us that much better